OmniSource, a wholly owned subsidiary of Steel Dynamics, one of the nation’s leading metals recycling companies, is seeking a Truck & Diesel Mechanic. This position is located in Vinton, VA.
- Inspect and repair basic engine components.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Change tires, make brake adjustments, and fix lights.
- Perform preventative/corrective maintenance on truck & trailers.
- Maintain complete and accurate maintenance documentation.
- Operate forklift, ability to drive Truck and Trailer.
- Follow good housekeeping standards.
- Welding and fabrication as needed.
- Make recommendations for process system improvements.
- Knowledge of industrial safety and OSHA guidelines.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of two years experience with general knowledge of DOT truck maintenance requirements.
- A clear understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more consistently.
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong welding and fabrication skills.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
- Team player dedicated to the organization
- Flexible working hours
- Class A CDL license
Candidates are subject to background checks and pre-employment testing, which includes basic physical exam and drug screen.
OmniSource offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, 401k with Company match, Profit Sharing, Bonus, and many other benefits.
Those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.
OmniSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer
OmniSource, LLC is one of North America's largest processors and distributors of scrap and secondary metals. We collect, process, resell, and trade a wide variety of ferrous and nonferrous scrap. Our more than 70 U.S. scrap collection and processing facilities, including 11 operating shredders, provide the capacity to process 7 million tons of ferrous scrap annually, and more than a billion pounds of nonferrous metals.
Role: Truck & Diesel Mechanic
Apply for this job now.