POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and implement the strategic plan for a specified product range in North America. The Product Manager will maintain close relationships with the market (end users, distribution partners) and sales personnel for awareness of market needs, and be involved in all stages of the product life-cycle. The Product Manager will coordinate product development activities with our manufacturing and engineering teams in the US and in Europe.
- Responsible for the entire range of market planning, sales promotion development, training and sales support activities for their range of products.
- Responsible for training programs and providing guidance in sales activities.
- Recommends sales strategies based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Converts technical positioning into key market messages and supports global marketing activities.
- Provides technical leadership in the promotion and application of product line.
- Acts as a key resource for Sales and internal Supply Chain.
- Works closely with marketing on development of catalogs, fliers and promotional materials, ensuring compliance with acceptable standards.
- Works with Sales and Operations, recommends inventory levels, determine pricing structure to ensure profitability of product range.
- Stay current on industry trends, practices, and competitive information.
- Defines and manages material planning requirements and material master parameters
- Works with engineering to leverage strategic competencies and define operational capabilities
- Works with engineering to define manufacturing processes for new product quotations
- Performs other duties as directed.
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred) or at least 5+ years’ job-related experience or equivalent experience in a commercial position with a similar industry.
- Prior Product Management experience preferred
- A proven ability to conduct training at all levels, and excellent presentation skills to both large and small groups
- Previous sales experience in metal working industry is desirable.
- Must be able to work effectively when unsupervised from remote location
- Excellent customer interaction skills including account management
- Analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking
- Solid track record at building relationships, strong negotiation skills
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office, including strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Willingness to travel by car/ airplane within the US and internationally
For over 95 years, we have been developing and producing sophisticated hard material cutting and wear protection solutions: From highly specialized cutting tools, indexable inserts and carbide rods to new types of carbide and cermet grades for wood and stone working. The constant innovation of materials and applications helps us and our customers to create a large number of machines, tools, applications, and consumer goods which shape our immediate environment and are part of our everyday life.
Role: Product Manager (Hole-making and Finishing)
Apply for this job now.