Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a dedicated SEMH Tutor to work with Looked after Children (LAC) on a part-time or full-time basis in Stockport.
The successful SEMH Tutor will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC and students with an EHCP (Key Stage 1 - Key Stage 4) under your supervision within the Stockport area. Tuition sessions can range from two - five hours per day (within school hours) depending on the student's timetable and capabailities. The successful tutor will work closely with a disengaged young people with SEMH needs and therefore it is essential they have experience of working with children with complex needs.
As an SEMH Tutor, you will be working on a 1:1 basis, therefore you will need to work with students to build positive relationships and help them overcome barriers to learning. Each student's timetable is tailor made for them to accommodate to their needs and interests, however students will be studying core subjects so you will be required to deliver Maths & English up to GCSE level.
As a SEMH Tutor you will successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around the student's EHCP and make adjustments to each session where necessary to have a motivating impact on students and maintain focus. You will be required to produce weekly reports of each student's engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend meetings and PEP/LAC reviews. Due to the nature of the role of an SEMH Tutor, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
To be considered for the SEMH Tutor position and achieve this salary, you will:
• Must hold a teaching qualification (QTS/QTLS is desired but not essential)
• Have proven experience of instructing or teaching young people is essential
• Have the ability to teach Maths & English
• Be willing to work in the Stockport area
• Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP's for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
• Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who wi