Cpl Healthcare has partnered with the HSE to fill a contract role for a Clinical Nurse Specialist role in respiratory care. The post, North Dublin city based, is for the development of a Slaintecare funded Respiratory Integrated Care Team for Beaumont/Dublin North catchment area which also includes physiotherapy. The role will run to Dec 2020 and will be reviewed for extension at that point.
In Ireland there are large numbers of people living with COPD yet only [... Click Apply...] are diagnosed and presents with the highest rate of hospital admissions of patients with COPD of any country in OECD countries.
The application of the CNSp specialty focused knowledge and skills in collaboration with the skills and knowledge of the MDT can fulfil a number of the principles of integrated care including, better continuity of care across institutional boundaries, more effective disease prevention and better support of patients self care and autonomy. The vision of the National Clinical Programme in Respiratory is that individuals with Asthma and COPD in Ireland should reach their maximal health and quality-of-life potential through the prevention, early detection and effective assessment, management and use of treatment pathways for their condition.
The post holder will work alongside the current CNSp in collaboration with the respiratory team and Primary and Secondary care and will involve working with GPs in Primary Care and will involve working in Secondary Care.
You will be based 4 days in the community and 1 day in Beaumont Hospital.
This is a new role and will require the successful candidate to have responsibility for establishing this new service.&
Extensive JD available upon application.&
To be considered eligible, you are required to:&
- Be on the active Register of Nurses held by the NMBI or be eligible to be so&
- Have a minimum of 5 years post registration full time experience
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience working in specialist area of & & Respiratory Nursing;
- Have successfully completed a post registration programme of study, as certified by the education provider, which verifies that the applicant has achieved a Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI), National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) major academic Level 8 or higher relevant to the specialist area of Respiratory Nursing prior to application;
Can demonstrate in writing that they have achieved the number of ECTS
credits equivalent to a Level 8 or higher standard, relevant to the specialist area of Respiratory Nursing prior to application;
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development
- Have access to transport as the post will involve travel
- Have the requisite skills, competencies and/or knowledge Professional Knowledge to complete the role
Further details available by contacting Catherine Hoban on:
t:+ [... Click Apply...]
e: [... Click Apply...]