We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant at our community health center in scenic northeastern North Carolina. The NP/PA will provide excellent quality patient-centered health care in an outpatient setting. We are a well-established primary medical care practice looking for individuals committed to a rural practice with the desire to establish roots in the community.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides direct outpatient primary care to patients by performing diagnostic and therapeutic services to assist physician in diagnosing medical and health and prescribing necessary treatment for primary patient care; records pertinent data for review by physicians.
- Takes patient history; conducts physical exams, records data; writes progress notes and narrative summaries.
- Prescribes medication utilizing clinic formulary for outpatients as feasible and per physician assistant protocols.
- Act as the liaison with medical care resources when referral is needed per protocols
- Requisitions on and off-site lab and x-ray exams as needed per protocol.
- Manages chronic disease utilizing established protocols and procedures.
- Participates in continuing education activities on- and off-site when appropriate and feasible.
- Participates in staff conferences to devise individual patient care plans, to revise and update clinic services, continuing quality improvement program and continuing education as appropriate.
- When there are no patients to be attended to, participates in patient related activities.
- Participates in other related activities affecting the clinic’s programs.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Good Judgment
- Communication/Customer Service/Teamwork
- Job-Specific Skill Set
In addition to competitive salary & benefits, we offer:
- Signing bonus and relocation allowance (for providers not already living within commuting distance)
- Annual CME allowance of up to $3000 & up to 5 days
- Malpractice insurance covered through Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Closed on major holidays
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution at 2 years
- Professional fees and dues are reimbursed
- As an FQHC with a HPSA score of 22, our medical provider positions qualify for the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program and for NHSC Scholars
Role: Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Apply for this job now.