Sodexo Universities is seeking a Food Production Manager 2 to join our management team at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee This Food Production Manager Must have stellar communication skills and the ability to effectively manage front-line production employees in a dynamic environment.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Production Operations. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced Food Production Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- have a skill set in production and ordering
- deliver high quality food service;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
Specific duties include ordering for Harrington place dining complex. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and manage a food service team in a college environment is strongly preferred. catering experience, excellent client relations and team building skills are a must.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.