Associate Java Software Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 9
Salary: Up to £42,129
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Benefits: In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance include flexible working, family friendly policies and much more.
We're looking for talented Java Software Devs and Engineers with knowledge of software products to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and high profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
As an Associate Software Engineer you will be an integral part of the team designing and delivering products and services that are used by our 22 million people in the UK, including friends, family, neighbours and some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
If you are looking for an engineering role that differs from the norm, where you will use your skills to help real people, you will struggle to find a bigger, more challenging and rewarding opportunity anywhere in the UK. Click through or get in touch to find out more.
You and your role
We're looking for outstanding Java Software Engineers, who want to contribute to demanding and exciting digital services for the UK Government. Be part of creating the Governments flagship welfare reform programme, that will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
Our Engineers to build and run applications as part of a multi-functional agile delivery teams. What really excites the successful candidate is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. The candidate will be expected to draw value from collaboration with others, actively seek input from colleagues and value a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
- Deliver software components which form part of a product.
- Develop reusable libraries and services.
- Produce comprehensive suites of automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality.
- Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of software engineering activities.
- Identify ways to optimise the current development process.
- Provide 3rd line support on products developed, including out of hours support as and when required.
- Contribute to community discussions about best practice within Software Engineering.
- Recent experience with Java 8 (or newer)
- Developing on cloud based environments like AWS and Azure
- Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD
- SQL and noSQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB
- Distributed version control systems such as Git
- Containerisation - tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment
- Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures
- An understanding of responsive web design and progressive enhancement
Where You'll Work
You'll join us in our brilliant new digital hub in London. Find out more by clicking apply now.
We are a building a Software Engineering community that believes in nurturing the talent of our people, and here you'll step onto a career path with many opportunities to develop and expand your knowledge base and skill set.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £42,129, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development, coaching and mentoring
- Career pathways and progression
- And lots more
For further information and to start your application click apply.
We value capability over experience, and we'll ask you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of your skills/knowledge in your application. We want to see what have you delivered before when using our key technologies, what technical solutions have you shaped, what your knowledge of providing technical product support is... show us what you can do.
Role: Associate Java Software Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.