PLEASE MENTION THE GREENJOBS NETWORK OF WEBSITES WHEN APPPLYING TO THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY JOB VACANCY - SENIOR HYDROLOGIST
Due to increasing workloads and future development plans we have an exciting opportunity for a pragmatic, experienced Senior Hydrologist, to join our friendly team in a relaxed but professional environment.
Hafrenwater is a small, dynamic consultancy, based in Shrewsbury, involved with a wide range of water-related projects throughout the UK. We provide services to the minerals, waste, housing and environmental sectors, amongst others, and have many established clients and a varied and growing remit.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Hydrologist who is self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of supervision. The successful candidate will be practical and able to produce both quantitative and qualitative flood risk assessments, as well as other hydrological assessments, to a very high standard.
Ideally experienced with client liaison and a background that includes knowledge of regulators throughout the UK, including Lead Local Flood Authorities. The right candidate will have the opportunity to develop their role and the future direction of the hydrological function of the company.
The role will involve site visits throughout the UK, occasionally requiring overnight stays.
Good reporting and computer skills are essential and more specialised ability with rainfall-runoff and hydraulic flood routing models is also highly desirable. Specific requirements are as below;
• A relevant degree and postgraduate qualification in hydrology or a closely allied discipline
• 5 - 10 years-experience, including employment within a consultancy environment
• Good working knowledge of EA, NRW, SEPA and LLFA requirements
• Experience of rainfall runoff methodologies (eg FEH, ReFH2) GIS (QGIS)
• Excellent report writing, oral communication and organisational skills
• Demonstrable experience of working on projects delivered to tight deadlines and within set budgets
• Ideally experience in preparing or assessing industry standard 1D, 1D/2D linked and 2D modelling software such as ISIS/Flood Modeller Pro TUFLOW and HEC-RAS
• Ideally some experience of Micro Drainage
Excellent opportunities exist for career progression for the right candidate. It is intended that potential will exist to shape the future development of the hydrological function of Hafren Water. Terms and conditions are commensurate with the ethos of small consultancy and include pension contributions, profit related bonus and flexibility of working. Applicants interested in this opportunity should send a letter stating their suitability for the position and what they can contribute to Hafrenwater, and a CV, including two references, to debbie.sudlow(at)hafrenwater.com. The covering letter must also include details of current salary and salary expectations.
Role: Senior Hydrologist
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands,
Apply for this job now.