Social Worker - Adoption
As a Social Worker responsible for working effectively with children, young people and families/carers where adoption is the best possible outcome for the child, you will manage a defined caseload. The Fostering and Adoption Service recruit, assess and support adoptive parents and foster carers. The Teams match children to families and provide continual support. Placement support is a real strength across the fostering and adoption services, as it strives to achieve permanence and the very best outcomes for the children in care in the authority.
About the client
Our client is a forward thinking Council based in Wolverhampton. The role in the Children's and Families department is focused on the delivery of services relating to vulnerable children, young people and complex families. These services will be delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
- Assess adopters and to help prepare them for the task of adoption and present their applications, using a BAAF PAR, to Adoption Panel.
- Attend court for adoption orders and produce court reports
- Raise placement order applications to begin the adoption process
- Create child permanency, adoption and annex reports
- Recruitment of adoptive parents and owning the process of matching children in care to a safe home
- Maintain and constantly update personal skills and knowledge to ensure best practice and to pass on to others practice experience gained.
- Keep abreast of the councils' policies and procedures and legislation and guidance, including the safeguarding policy.
- Maintain case records and provide other reports that may be required to a high standard
- Participate in supervision, team meetings and consultation with agency advisers.
What you will receive from us
- Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay both (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
We would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements, please call Cindia on 0121 6888 220 to discuss further details
It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Each individual is assessed on merit alone
Role: Experienced Social Worker - Adoption
Apply for this job now.