Duties and Responsibilities
Organizational Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs duties to support the goals and objectives of Boston Children’s Health Physicians in its efforts to provide quality service and patient satisfaction
- Demonstrate continuing education by completing all required annual trainings, as stated in the Training Curriculum, including but not limited to care coordination, population health management and self-management support techniques.
- Complete annual corporate compliance training
- Understand and effectively communicate HIPAA compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality
- Ensure and/or remain in compliance with local, state and federal regulation
Essential Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Phone Responsibilities
- Make appointments in a timely fashion, keeping patient preference to clinician and patient preference to time of day in mind when making the appointment
- Take messages about medical questions to send to the nurse
- Connecting patient to the nurse when there is an urgent need or when the patient is returning a call
- Connect patients to a member of the billing department when requested
- Check in responsibilities
- Greet patients when they approach the front desk and ask for their name and appointment time
- Verify address, insurance, email address and phone number in both Medent and MBA and correct if either need to be updated
- Scan insurance card if a copy is not in MBA, Medent, or both
- Have patient sign financial policy or HIPAA statement if not signed
- Give patients the update history questionnaire for well visits or paper copies of developmental questionnaires
- Direct patients to billing if there is a balance on the account
- Distribute patient portal documents and CHADIS documents if applicable
- Distribute newborn folder—make new copies of the newborn folder as needed
- Distribute adolescent information sheets for adolescent well visits
- Distribute Medical Home Information Letter and PCP selection letter to parents of all new patients
- Mark patient arrived
- Check out responsibilities
- Mark patient checked out
- Look in superbill to see if patient will be due for follow up—make follow up appointment when necessary
- Collect copayments and balances in the form of check, cash, or credit card
- Distribute stickers as requested
- General front desk responsibilities
- Maintain a smiling face and a positive attitude when interacting with patients
- Be aware at what is going on at all of the front desk positions, offer to help if needed
- Be aware of what is happening with CHADIS to assist a patient or provider if needed.
- Maintain HIPAA confidentiality and sensitivity when talking to or about patients
- Help with calling for appointments reminders and rescheduling
- Provide care in a patient-centered manner
- Attend medical home meetings
- Participate in pre-visit planning
- Demonstrate excellence in both internal and external customer service
- Other duties as assigned
The candidate must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
Minimum Experience and Licensure Requirements
- High school degree or equivalent required
- Pediatric experience preferred
At Boston Children’s Health Physicians (BCHP), your family’s health is our most important concern. We care for children and adults throughout New York’s metropolitan area, the Hudson Valley, Connecticut, New Jersey and beyond.
We take pride in building trusting relationships with the children and families we care for — often over the course of several generations — and treat each patient like we would our own family.
BCHP is the largest pediatric multi-specialty group in the Westchester and Hudson Valley region — more than 90 percent of our nearly 300 physicians are focused solely on pediatrics. And with more than 65 regional offices and 25 areas of medical expertise, we provide a full range of care for children of all ages, in specialties including cardiology, oncology, pulmonology and gastroenterology.
We’re also proud to be part of the Boston Children’s Hospital network of pediatric care locations. So if your child has complex care needs, you will have direct access to the expertise of Boston Children’s, ranked the #1 pediatric hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Our physicians have also been recognized for outstanding care locally — BCHP has more “Top Doctors,” as rated by Castle Connolly in 2017. “Top Doctors” are deemed among the very best in their specialties based on peer nominations and screening by the Castle Connolly physician-led research team.
Role: Full Time Bilingual Medical Receptionist - Sleepy Hollow NY
Location: Sleepy Hollow,
Apply for this job now.