After 60 years in business, HoneyBaked Ham is still deeply committed to our Mission--Celebrating life, one meal at a time. We are the home of the world’s greatest ham, and the secret to our success isn’t a secret at all—it is our associates. They are part of a high performance team that is committed to treating customers like gold and proudly stands behind every one of our products.
We are seeking a Production Systems Engineer for our corporate office in Alpharetta, Georgia. This position is responsible for support and maintenance of proprietary processing equipment across the Honey Baked store network, in use at the company’s e-commerce operation(s), and in use at our suppliers.
- Lead efforts to continually improve production equipment including the design and development of new production equipment and methods
- Manage departmental and project budgets
- Collaborate internally and externally to ensure sound maintenance practices and programs for proprietary equipment maintenance are in place
- Maintain all records and historical equipment archives related to proprietary equipment and protecting the company’s intellectual property
- Manage third party equipment, service providers, and machine shops as part of equipment projects
- Responsible for company shop and equipment lab
- Provide production equipment expertise in support of new e-commerce facility design and construction
- Ensure confidentiality safeguards are in place to protect company intellectual property
- Provide technical support and expertise to the Supply Chain and Quality Assurance function related to supplier management and new product development
- Maintain marketplace expertise on food production equipment and trends including, but not limited to, protein production and processing
- All other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of equipment engineering experience in a food processing environment
- Familiarity with USDA regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated experience in equipment design innovation
- Experience effectively managing third party equipment and service providers with a project budget and timeline
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel out-of-town periodically
- Ability to work periodically in extreme conditions common to food processing including noisy and cold temperature environments
- Treat Customers Like Gold.
- Treat Everyone with Respect.
- Do the Right Thing.
- Deliver Quality & Growth Worthy of the Brand.
- Make a Difference. Have Some Fun.
A full benefit package is offered including options for medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(K), tuition reimbursement, associate discounts, etc.
For immediate consideration, email your resume.