At Menzies Distribution we have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that other cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - We keep moving forwards.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to join our team! Our team are responsible for delivering world-class service and time critical parcels to our customers.
You will work closely with our Operational Team, who will support you to execute a busy Warehouse role. You will be accountable for the safe loading and uploading of stock from our HGV's into the warehouse, and will be required to support your colleagues to pack, scan and sort items ready for despatch.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Warehouse Operative to join our team in Biggleswade. Based on a 35 hour week working Monday - Friday (Nights), you'll be supporting our team across all aspects of the Warehouse Operation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assemble customer supplies according to packing specifications
- Support stock counts and movements
- Check the quality of packed orders
- Keep the warehouse safe, clean and tidy
- Adhere to company procedures and policies
- Unload, sort, scan and record deliveries
WHAT YOU NEED
- Positive 'can do' and hardworking approach to work
- Previous experience in a warehouse operative role
- MHE Licence (desirable)
- Appetite for supporting colleagues
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a warehouse environment
- Problem-solving skills
- Computer literate
- An ability to prioritise and manage tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines
- Good communication skills
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 28 Days Annual Leave (Pro-Rota)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care
At Menzies Distribution Limited, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.