Driver/Distribution Center Worker Job Profile and Description.
**MUST POSSESS CDL B LICENSE AND HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE DRIVING. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY WITHOUT A CURRENT CDL B LICENSE AND CURRENT MEDICAL CARD
The importance of the timely delivery of goods and merchandise to the correct destinations in an appropriate, accurate, and undamaged manner, has led to the role of Distribution Center personnel becoming invaluable to a company's effort of continued, sustained growth. This job profile requires a worker to have strength and stamina to cope with the physical requirements of the job. The role of all Distribution Center personnel is crucial for the shipment, unloading, and appropriate handling of goods and material. This particular role is a combination assignment where the workday may consist of any combination of driving one of our fleet trucks and/or working in the internal fulfillment operations of the warehouse. If/when warranted due to absenteeism of full time fleet drivers, this employee must drive fleet truck full day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading and unloading of goods and supplies, while ensuring employee and product safety.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and proper stocking of inventory in the appropriate designated area(s).
- Maintaining quality in the warehouse and reporting all damaged inventory and/or accidents causing truck/rack/machine/product/etc. to the supervising authorities.
- Report, and rectify where applicable, any unsafe conditions associated with fallen and/or falling product throughout the warehouse.
- Efficiently carrying out all orders of the supervisor(s).
- Working in accord with all safety regulations of the warehouse..
- Present a courteous, professional appearance and demeanor in the presence of all customers -- those that pick up from the company general warehouse, and those that are receiving product deliveries from employee when they are delivering on our fleet.
- Accurately pick, stage, wrap, and store sales orders in accordance to company policy and procedures of such.
- When fulfilling the role of fleet driver, respectfully unload/stage products per customer's request. Ensure clients sign all delivery tickets verifying receipt of product.
- Maintain assigned/designated areas, where/when applicable, in accordance with company policy and procedure(s) regarding cleanliness, order, stacking, and staging of product in said area.
Skills and Specifications
- Basic knowledge of using and operating warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Should be physically fit and be able to complete all assigned work.
- Must possess the ability to lift product up to 70 lbs.
- *Subject to random drug testing as part of fleet driver role.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent certificate from a certified institution.
- Must possess a Class B CDL license with air brake endorsement.
- Experience in order fulfillment and logistics is preferred.
- Must have clean driver record and valid medical card.
- Must be able to pass forklift certification testing. Training is conducted at our facility.
United Packaging has been providing our valued clientele with creative packaging, facility maintenance, and safety supply solutions for nearly 25 years.
Yes, we distribute some of the best packaging, shipping, safety, and janitorial supplies in the industry. And others will say the same. So why choose United Packaging? Because you need a partner, not a vendor.
When others are simply order takers, we take a holistic, consultative approach. Everyone wants to save money. Of course. But, when others will simply offer you the cheapest tape, we'll show you how using the right tape can actually save you more. When others are myopically fixated on unit cost or case cost, we're looking at the big picture for even better, long-term savings.
And, sometimes, those savings come in the form of other efficiencies like properly managed inventory, streamlined packaging, better equipment, and decreased safety issues. We'll help you spot the waste and eliminate it.
We're in it for the big picture and we're always up for a challenge. We have decades of experience. Some of our clients have partnered with us for over 20 years for this very reason. Our team consists of seasoned industry veterans, Six Sigma black belts, and young "up and comers" who bring a fresh set of eyes to old problems.
Consider us full service. Whether you need help getting the right supplies at the right price or something more comprehensive like proactive inventory management, off-site stocking, logistics, or packaging equipment, we're here for you.
Role: CDL B Driver/Distribution Center Employee
Apply for this job now.