The Test Technician carries out dynamic testing per customer specifications and evaluates plan to foresee any potential problems.
- Test set-ups to support basic lab testing;
- Understanding and usage of data systems and data base(s);
- Performing wiring and modification of test units;
- Understanding and usage of basic instrumentation;
- Collect, organize, and communicate test data with responsible Engineer;
- Follow procedures manual to conduct, monitor, analyze, and reduce basic tests;
- Performs other required tasks as assigned.
- Strong ability to adapt to a new environment and receive instruction / training from others;
- The ability to keep neat personal notes is a major plus;
- Solid mathematical skills including college level trigonometry and geometry;
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, and email;
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, reach, and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds;
- Ability to work with moving mechanical parts in tight confined spaces;
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to ensure that a high level of service and quality is maintained.
Auto Research Center is a specialized research facility, which sells time in its various test rigs (such as our wind tunnel and seven post rig), and provides design and consultancy services to government/military, commercial vehicle, automotive and racing clientele. ARC prides itself on remaining a competent tier one supplier to multiple OEMs throughout these industries. We also offer scale model development, vehicle aerodynamics and vehicle dynamics capabilities and expertise, computer aided engineering software, vehicle dynamics software and computer modeling programs for the purpose of trackside simulation. ARC is a worldwide company that is committed to developing innovative solutions in the ever-changing field of transportation.
Role: Test Technician
Apply for this job now.