High Tech Turning is a precision production CNC machine shop that was established in 1985. We currently have over 40 employees and are looking to expand by adding a second shift. We currently run a full first shift from 7am-5pm and are looking to add a second shift from 4pm to 2am to add capacity and meet the demands of our customers. We are hoping to hire several operators and machinists over the several weeks for both shifts, but mainly on the night shift.
Excellent benefit package, flexible schedule, overtime work available. Clean shop, newer equipment, relaxed work atmosphere. Excellent long term employment prospects and strong growth potential.
Operate CNC Milling Machines or CNC Swiss Turning Centers.
* Perform high quality work in an efficient and timely manner.
* Deburr Parts as needed.
* Clean parts as needed.
* Communicate with the Production Manager regarding any issues so they can be resolved as quickly as possible.
Inspection and record keeping
* Inspect your work at regular intervals
* Measure parts against drawings with appropriate tools.
* Screen parts as required.
* Keep accurate manual and computer records as required
* Ensure all tools are properly maintained and calibrated
* Maintain a spirit of respect for your fellow employees.
* Work to continuously improve your skills and performance.
* Solicit training from more senior employees.
Safety and Maintenance
*Operate all machinery in a safe manner.
* Always wear appropriate protective equipment.
* Maintain CNC machine as directed.
* Maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
* Occasionally help move heavy items and material.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Problem solving skills which can translate into all areas of the machining process
* Excellent communication skills and able to work in a team environment
* Strong quality focus and excellent work ethics
* Experience or training preferred, but willing to train right candidate
High Tech Turning Co. in Watertown, MA is a precision manufacturer of Medical, Electronic, and Instrument Components. For over 30 years the company has taken components from pre-production prototyping through high volume production. High Tech Turning has received the “Honors Program” award and has been rated as one of the 10 Top Shops in the US by Modern Machine Shop Magazine.
Role: CNC Operator 2nd Shift
Apply for this job now.