JOB TITLE: Independent Domestic Violence Advisor
PLACEMENT: ASAP, ongoing. 37 hours a week
PAY RATE: from £12 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) for our client based in Manchester to support High risk Domestic Abuse Victims.
Please note: After initial training, the post holder will be able to work from home. The hours are 7 hours per day Monday to Friday and are flexible between the hours of 8am and 6p.
Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions, there is no face to face contact with clients unless there are exceptional circumstances. The client would like the post holder to start this role immediately.
The role of the IDVA service is to provide professional advice, information and support to survivors of intimate partner violence living in the community about the range, effectiveness and suitability of options to improve their safety and that of their children. This advice must be based on a thorough understanding and assessment of risk and its management, where possible as part of a multi-agency risk management strategy or MARAC process.
The IDVA service is based within the Adults Safeguarding Team and advisors will work to ensure that both vulnerable adults and children are safeguarded through the provision of the IDVA service, referral and multi-agency working.
The advisors will work within the IDVA service to deliver this function in a variety of ways. These will include via telephone or other communication methods (as mentioned above, face to face is for exceptional circumstance due to Covid-19). The advisor will carry a caseload and provide a duty advice service as required.
The postholder will deal with traumatic and upsetting situations and circumstances. You will need to show emotional resilience in dealing with these issues and be able to respond positively to the customer on a day to day basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Coordinate and contribute to a responsive and efficient service user assessment service to determine their support needs and provide expert advice on a range of realistic and sustainable options within the context of relevant legislation.
- Ensure service users are referred to appropriate support services as necessary to improve outcomes and establish and maintain close joint working arrangements with other agencies and stakeholders.
- Work in collaboration with stakeholders and partners to actively help and support the identification and reduction of safeguarding risks to vulnerable residents of the city.
- Respond to all queries from a wide range of stakeholders, including both internal and external customers, in an efficient and courteous manner, using initiative and creative skills to respond appropriately to problems that arise.
- Work proactively and efficiently to manage workloads in a demand led and frontline service and incorporate a flexible approach to problem solving.
- Ensure all records, processes and systems are up to date and maintained to assist with data collection and performance management.
- Personal commitment to continuous self-development and service improvement.
- Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued, resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communications
- · Candidates will require the Safeliives IDVA qualification and /or extensive knowledge and experience of working with vict