Sierra Regency, an independent retirement community, is currently hiring for Full Time Maintenance Assistant. The Maintenance Assistant performs semi-skilled work for and with the community’s Maintenance Director in the maintenance and repairs of the building components, systems and equipment and ancillary areas.
Work hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm. The applicant may need to work weekends and nights in case of emergency repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The employee must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations. Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position:
- Assist with inspecting all aspects of new construction, repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently.
- Assist with repairing and maintaining property, including landscaping, drain systems and garbage/trash removal
- Perform maintenance and refurbish vacant apartment before resident move in. Inspect vacant rooms to ensure proper heating in winter and shutdown of AC in summer to conserve energy.
- Perform limited plumbing, electrical, equipment, and structural repair work on community buildings
- Conduct regular inspections of life safety systems, including fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
- Inspect roofs for obvious failures of flashing, skylights, debris on roof.
- Inspect vacant apartments for water damage, leaks, etc.
- Perform exterior light inspections including mechanical rooms, pump rooms and building exterior.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Age 18 or older.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalency required.
- At least 6 months experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel in assigned region, as needed, often on short notice; ability to work a fluctuating work week.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English Language.
Sierra Regency is an equal opportunity employer; however, applicant must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
May apply in person at:
1015 Madden Ln Roseville, CA 95661
Our employees love working for Platinum because:
- Most Training is provided when hired
- $300 Employee Referral Bonus
- Free made-to-order food on shift
- Competitive pay & Room for advancement
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance and 401K available for Full Time employees.
- Appreciation - We treat our employees very well and reward hard work and dedication
- Stability - Many of our employees have been with us for over a decade
- Positive and focused team environment - We all work together to achieve our goals.
Become a part of Platinum team and make a difference in the life of our seniors!
Role: Maintenance Assistant (Full Time)
Apply for this job now.