Lead and Hardware exp with QPSK/COFDM
The Technical Project Lead will be responsible for facilitating a cross functional engineering team in the development of equipment utilized in leading edge broadcast infrastructure. The Technical Project Lead will ensure that a matrixed organization of engineering resources complete technical deliverables for all aspects of equipment development projects in a timely manner. The role includes facilitation of resources contributing to the development of embedded processors, DSPs, FPGAs and associated software from initial concepts through design prototype acceptance and manufacturing. As a member of clients terrestrial engineering and operations group, the Technical Project Lead will work closely with the repeater development, repeater operations, national repeater control center, ASIC design, broadcast network teams, equipment vendors to ensure next generation equipment designs fully meet requirements and remain on schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile system requirements and create specifications for broadcast infrastructure.
- Prepare and review SOWs and evaluation / acceptance criteria.
- Lead teams in development of broadcast products having hardware implementations using a combination of FPGAs, embedded µPs, or DSPs.
- Lead teams in development of broadcast products having software implementations using Linux OS for Operational control and UDP and TCP/IP communication interfaces for data streaming and telemetry.
- Facilitate development of control and monitoring algorithms.
- Facilitate the design verification testing, factory acceptance and quality manufacturing of broadcast products.
- No direct supervision responsibilities but will facilitate a cross-functional engineering team of 5-10 individuals assigned to development project(s) and interface with their management as required for any supervisory tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent, relevant work experience, Master's degree preferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with broadband digital communications architectures including expertise in QPSK and COFDM modulation.
- Experience with network monitoring, surveillance, and control including a working knowledge of SNMP management, routing protocols, and experience with TCP/IP network configuration and administration.
- Knowledge of modern surface mount electronics design, production and quality control.
- Knowledge of UDP, unicast and multicast.
- Familiarity with system buses desirable (AXI) and memory interfaces (DDR3, BPI Flash).
- Familiarity with FPGA tools desirable (Synopsys/Synplicity, Aldec, Xilinx Vivado).
- Familiarity with HDL design desirable (VHDL preferred, Verilog and System Verilog desired).
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Comrise is the bridge to the first-rate talent for organizations that recognize the value of their workforce. With locations in the U.S., China, and Hong Kong, we help our clients reach far and wide for both local and international resources which yield the highest return on their human capital investments. Headquartered in New Jersey since 1984, Comrise is a staffing, consulting and enhanced search technology company. For over 30 years we have delighted our clients and consultants by focusing on customer satisfaction, innovation, and flexible workforce solutions. By combining our global networks with our outstanding local offices, Comrise provides high-quality executive search, temporary and temporary to permanent staffing solutions, and cross-border placement services.
Role: Hardware Engineer lead - FPGA/ VHDL/QPSK/ COFDM
Apply for this job now.