This position will be heavily site based, events across the UK, meaning significant travel.
Our client operates as a leader within the events management market, delivering valuable, innovative and high-quality services to the UK’s most prestigious sporting events and festivals. The industry is extremely fast paced and is evolving quickly with the use of new technology and social media, providing ongoing opportunity for their further development as a brand leader in their field. The industry has now become an all year-round proposition with events throughout the calendar, although there is a significant peak during the spring to late summer period, during which, they will employ as many as 600/700 staff each weekend, managing as many as 180 vendors on one site alone.
They have a number of areas in which the specialise, event management, event catering, the provision of Bars to events, wholesale and IT, the division in which this role sits. They’ve seen significant growth in this division (technologies), but the sector still offers a vast opportunity and they are now seeking an Operations Manager to join their team. The Events industry is a fast paced and demanding industry, involving weekend and sometimes working long hours - in order to be considered for this role, you will need to have previous events based experience or be able to explain why it would be an appropriate sector for you.
The IT division covers three main commercial areas - the support of the head office business (Gloucester), the support of IT related all other business activities (EPOS, revenue protection, WIFi, Credit card machines, software, hardware etc) and the standalone provision of IT and technology to a direct customer base, in Events and otherwise.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assist with the design and deployment of a range of temporary networks, including wireless and wired environments across various events;
- Manage the implementation of detailed project plans ensuring event requirements are met within required timeframes and budgets;
- Provide detailed and clear briefings prior to the start of projects, ensuring the whole team has all the information they require and fully understand the objectives and standards for any given event;
- Responsible for the roll out of EPOS/credit card acceptance/cashless solutions across a range of challenging outdoor environments;
- Supervise all aspects of your team’s performance; monitoring, encouraging, coaching, guiding and leading by example;
- Develop and optimise existing event solutions, continuously seeking improvements in efficiency and effectiveness;
- Oversee the welfare of your team at all times (both on and off site), ensuring they operate to safe systems of work, receive appropriate breaks and are treated respectfully;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging technology trends and developments in areas of interest and relevance to the business, contributing ideas for next generation solutions;
- Build trusted relationships with key identified stakeholders alongside Account Managers;
- Identification of potential revenue growth, working closely with business partners
If you feel that you could apply yourself to this role and would be interested in more detail please apply now with your CV.
Role: Operations Manager
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
Apply for this job now.