Hilltop Hiring Practice Leader for its Expanding Fraud Consulting Practice
Hilltop Advisors is hiring a Practice Lead for its Fraud and Forensics Practice to help with the expansion of this business area. The successful candidate will be required to have 10+ years of fraud consulting experience working with firms such as Deloitte, PwC, KPMG, EY, Grant Thornton, RSM, BDO, FTI, Kroll, Accenture, IBM, Booz Allen, Navigant and other larger firms with fraud practices. The right leadership candidate will have practice leadership responsibility. The Practice Lead will be responsible for both sales and delivery execution. “Opening doors” for sales discussions and helping win the engagement is a requirement for this position. While Hilltop’s Fraud & Forensics Practice works primarily with companies in the financial services and real estate industry segments and/or the Federal finance related agencies, engagements with all types of companies and other federal agencies are also performed.
Candidate must have the following skills/experience/certifications to be considered for this Leadership position:
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting or finance, other degrees may be considered depending on previous experience),
- Strong communications and selling skills,
- Strong organization and teamwork skills,
- CPA and/or Certified Fraud & Forensics Expert (CFE or CFF) (one minimum)
- Fraud experience with banks, credit unions, financial services companies, real estate companies and/or Federal finance sector agencies,
- Fraud investigations experience (FBI “white collar crime” investigators, private investigators, forensic accountants, “follow the money” auditors, law enforcement investigators),
Preferred Candidate will have most of the following skills/experience to be considered:
- Certified Information Specialist Auditor (CISA)
- Anti-Money Laundering & BSA (CAML),
- Prior Expert testimony for litigation cases that involved fraud and/or forensic issues which required expert opinions,
- Specific fraud engagements in the bank operations, lending, loan servicing, capital markets, regulatory compliance, AML/BSA, loan sales and securitization and other financial risk areas,
- Fraud experience must include fraud transaction analysis, accounting assessments, review of key documents (all formats), “follow the money” processes and fraud interview techniques,
- Familiarity with technology applications used to gather, analyze and search all forms of data (documents, software applications, servers, datastores, cloud-based storage, hard/thumb drives, emails, imaged files, etc.),
- Design, implementation and testing of fraud/risk related policies, procedures and technology put in place for fraud monitoring, prevention, detection and remediation in the financial and/or operational areas,
- Conducting fraud vulnerability assessments,
- Audits of Financial Services entities i.e. Banks, Credit Unions, mortgage lenders, loan servicers, mortgage insurers, consumer lenders, etc. (external CPA firm or internal auditor roles),
- Audits of Federal agencies (external CPA firm or IG’s office roles),
- Regulatory compliance reviews of financial services entities,
- Federal or State bank examiner experience,
- Forensic (GL reconstruction or significant reconciliation efforts),
- Liquidity or cashflow modeling to determine “normal” cash movements,
- Performing controls assessments of or designing/implementing/testing Cyber security, IT controls (general and application controls), data security/integrity and data governance policy to identify possible cyber-attacks or ransom-ware to facilitate fraud transactions,
- Design, implementation and testing of companies’ financial or operational controls, compliance management systems (SOX or Federal controls reviews),
- Identifying key financial or operational metrics to monitor for possible fraud activity,
- Assessing financing of the business, liquidity assessments, sources and uses of cash, and
- Performing loan portfolio risk and trend analytics to identify loan fraud.
All consulting, accounting, audit employees are hired by Hilltop Advisors and are utilized in client engagements across all the various Hilltop companies’ engagements. The Hilltop affiliated companies include Hilltop Federal Services (a consulting firm focused on the finance sector of the Federal government), Hilltop Accounting (an accounting advisory and specialty audit firm), Hilltop Advisory Partners (a real estate consulting firm) and Hilltop iSolutions (a consulting firm focused on IT and data controls, cyber security and data use/integrity). Each of our Hilltop companies are based in McLean, VA.
Our employment opportunities are for permanent full time, salaried professional employee positions. Hilltop’s compensation and benefits include:
- an aggressive “pay for performance” compensation structure that provides significant “upside” for successful sales,
- other bonus incentives for productivity, new employee referrals, etc.,
- 401k pension plan with profit sharing (no corporate stock distributions),
- Hilltop pays 90% of the employee’s health premiums,
- Hilltop pays 100% of all dental, vision, life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability premiums,
- PTO is provided for vacation, sick and personal time away from the office - the amount of PTO hours depends upon your Hilltop title,
- “Half-day Fridays” during the summer months, and
- 12 paid holidays.
- Hilltop is a consulting firm but our travel averages between 10-15% or less.
Hilltop’s website (#removed#) is very detailed and the Services page clearly documents the types of consulting/audit work you will be performing if you join this dynamic firm.
If you meet our requirements and want to work in a growing, fast paced, challenging, collegial/team oriented company, please submit your resume and our recruiters will contact you to arrange a screening interview.
See our website - #removed# Hilltop Advisors LLC is the hiring company for these positions.
Role: Fraud Risk Consulting Director (10+ yrs exp)
Apply for this job now.