Do you want to help families protect money and loved ones in the event of death or disability?
The Law Office of Lena A. Clark is seeking a detail-oriented go-getter and a problem-solver for a position as a Legal Assistant for our busy Estate Planning and Probate law firm. We are a small business and looking for a perfect candidate who has a great deal of attention to detail, able to follow specific instructions, and can figure things out with minimal handholding.
Our office is located in historic downtown Frederick, just across the street from the courthouse and all the hustle and bustle of our vibrant town.
We are an Apple-based office, so you will need to know how to navigate and troubleshoot a Mac computer without needing the assistance of others. We use a lot of technology, so it is essential that you can use and learn technology quickly in an independent manner. Currently, we use Google Docs and Sheets, Dropbox, Clio, Lawmatics, QBO and LawPay.
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our T&E Legal Assistant:
- Calm under pressure
- Like being busy
- Detail-focused and learn quickly
- Feel comfortable following our very specific policies and procedures
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- Technologically savvy
- Enthusiastic about your job
- Proactive and Efficient
This is a hands-on position with a great deal of responsibility. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with match and profit sharing after 1 year of employment
- bonus for those who consistently meet their KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph describe your legal experience and how technologically savvy you are. In the second paragraph, explain your ties to your geographic area and where do you see yourself in 5 years. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
Do not send your resume through this website. Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to admin at lenaclarklegal dot com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps. (For example SMITH Legal Assistant AWESOME).
We look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS SYSTEM AND THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. NO PHONE INQUIRIES.
Job Type: Full-time
COVID-19 considerations: All our full-time staff are fully vaccinated and we are about to start offering limited in-person consultations for the first time in over a year.Compensation:
$15 - $20 hourlyResponsibilities:
Some of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with clients to gather/ request missing information
- Orchestrate signings of Estate Planning documents
- Draft legal documents and correspondence
- Manage client information and organize client files
- Act as a backup to Client Relations Specialist and Paralegal
- Two years of legal experience, ideally in Trusts, Estates, and/or Elder Law
- Self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to work efficiently and independently
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, substantive, and administrative deadlines
- Highly professional
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple deadlines
- Able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks independently
- Maryland Notary Public is highly desired and will be required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Google Suite
- Ability to self-learn new technologies and software programs quickly
We are a fast-growing firm that rewards high performers and superstars and describes its culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with a strong performance culture