Backend Software Engineer
Duration: : 6 Months
Job Description & Qualifications
As a Software Engineer you are going to:
- Engineer production-quality code to deploy these solutions on the Transportation-as-a-Service platform
- Enhance testing platforms, improve test automation, foster software craftsmanship
- Surprise and delight customers and partner software engineers
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of our solutions
- Collaborate with multi-skilled teams working on autonomous vehicles software solutions
Basic qualifications needed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience developing backend web services and REST APIs
- 2+ years of experience writing unit and integration tests
- Passion for learning and willingness to work in a pair programming environment
Preferred desirable qualifications:
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Design Principles.
- Familiar with eXtreme Programming (XP) practices including Pair/Mob programming and Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience developing and deploying to cloud platforms, such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Spring/SpringBoot and RESTFUL Web services development.
- Familiarity with GitHub or equivalent source control repositories.
- Understanding of performance and data security
- understanding of data modeling and storage with NoSQL platforms
- Experience with relational databases and traditional SQL data store
- Highly effective in working with other technical specialists, Product Managers, UI/UX Designers and business partners.
- Capable in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when solving unexpected problems.
- Experience in development of microservices.
- Experience with CA Agile Central (Rally), backlogs, iterations, user stories, or similar Agile Tools.
- Experience with Lean Agile methodology.