Who we are
Are you looking to join an organization where you do meaningful work every day? AsOperations Manager SILS you'll be starting a rewarding career with GEFCO
With operations in 47 countries, GEFCO Group is a global leader in industrial supply chain solutions and the European #1 in automotive logistics. We are proud of our 70+ years of heritage and the expertise of our 11,500 employees around the world.
As one of the leading groups in Europe for finished vehicle logistics and with more than 4.2 million units shipped per year, we provide expertise in a range of areas: logistics engineering, multimodal transport, customs and tax representation, storage and preparation of vehicles, as well as their distribution to dealer networks.
Our corporate culture is based on building Infinite Proximity in our relationships with all our employees and partners. That takes talent. We recruit the best to help us rise to our customers’ most demanding supply chain challenges. And to keep driving our business forward, we are committed to helping our employees develop the skills they need to thrive.
Teamwork and shared values make us stronger. We are agile, caring, cooperative, trustworthy, and courageous. Together, we go further.
We are Partners, Unlimited.We are looking for
Operations Manager SILS
Based in Luton, United KingdomThe successful candidate will have
Brief of duties
- Ability to devise and imagine new solutions for systems, concepts and/or standards; and to optimize, improve and reconsider existing ones by demonstrating open-mindedness.
- Capacity to obtain customer satisfaction, especially thanks to the exact identification of their requirements, while preserving GEFCO's own interests.
- Ability to formalize and plan all of the actions to be carried out for the proper achievement of a project, in respect of the allocated resources and in coordination with the different contacts. Ability to mobilize, communicate, train and assist the managers and various people involved to ensure management of change.
- Capacity to pass on a message by adapting to the target audience using one´s teaching skills.
- Knowledge of the collection and delivery flows and proposals for optimization solutions.
- Interpersonal Skills - work cooperatively within a team, whether it is one's regular working group or a transversal working group project of the organization.
- Skills to monitor and check the activity through shared indicators and scoreboards within the network.
- Ability to obtain results by acting with an aim and within the established deadlines, and to find the means to avoid difficulties while following the usual processes and methods.
- Facility to take part in the definition of improvements to working methods and achieved results.
- Plan and manage supervisory staff ensuring maximum efficiency and flexibility to respond to operational needs of the customers.
- Ensure that supervisory staff manage all operations staff to maximize efficiency and maximize the use of temporary labor.
- Plan monitor and manage with the Head of SILS, all future resourcing requirements for the business, shutdowns and holiday requirements, including temporary labor, maximizing efficiency and flexibility to respond to operational needs of the business.
- Set SMART objectives for staff which ensure customer SLAs are adhered to.
- Brief and update staff on customer requirements and SLAs, ensuring the transfer of knowledge.
- Working with the Head of SILS review, plan and maintain condition of current asset equipment and ensure future requirements are met.
- Processes admin management of personnel on sites responsible
- Establish and maintain a good teamwork environment.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- In conjunction with the Head of SILS manage and control all operational cost in line with the agreed budget.
- Lead operations ensuring appropriate process exist to facilitate resource planning for all operational activities whilst focusing on continual business improvement.
- Ensure that KPI’s are maintained and actively incorporated into the business activity.
- Use IT project Tools to manage and track project is on time, target, budget and create regular reports
What GEFCO will offer you?
GEFCO UK has been recognized in the top 35 large companies to work for in the 2020 UK’s Best Workplaces™.
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll get lots of other great benefits too:
▪ Pension scheme
▪ Bonus scheme
▪ Bupa Health Care / Sports Club
▪ Life Insurance
▪ Eye Care
▪ Free Onsite Parking
▪ Cycle to Work Scheme
▪ Holiday Buying
▪ Birthday day-off
▪ Time off to move home
▪ Employee Assistant Program
▪ Long Service Awards
▪ Access to GEFCO University