Regional Depot Manager - Packaging (Internal Role)
Who are we?
Bibby Distribution Ltd has been operating under the Bibby Line Group umbrella since 1985 servicing household names from our 40 locations across the UK.
Our vehicle fleet includes 370 artics, 230 rigids and 1500 trailers operating from several million square feet of warehousing which provide employment for over 1400 people. A planned policy of growth and development seeks to see this figure increase continually, through organic growth and selective acquisition.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to the health, safety, welfare, training and development of all our colleagues along with our excellent benefits package that is offered to all employees.
What is the role?
Exciting opportunities have arisen for an experienced Regional Depot Manager - Packaging to join our team. The role will cover our DS Smith contract in the South of England
Working Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:30 you'll be responsible for the overall upkeep of two busy depots, you will manage and control all aspects of operations allocated to the site, strategising improvements, achieving KPI targets and ensuring the development of staff and general depot efficiencies. You will lead and develop all activities to deliver sustainable and profitable growth for your depots, ensuring optimal cost and service levels are achieved.
A day in the life as Regional Depot Manager for Bibby Distribution might look like:
- Manage & support an effective operational process, which ensures integrity of customer / suppliers service requirements.
- Manage commercial aspects of a transport operation to meet profit and service/quality targets.
- Uphold and maintain highest standards of Health & Safety
- Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs with the ability to provide adequate cover at a planning level;
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner
- Build and develop customer relationships on a day to day basis
- Input and verify the figures into the WPE's (weekly profit estimates)
- Analyse and understand the cash flow within the depot
- Be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency and better MPG
- Manage tachograph infringements to ensure full compliance
- Ensure all aspects of maintenance (tyre checks, servicing, MOT etc) is compliant to the maintenance manual and the law
- Complete accident reports and be able to update risk assessments, contributing to a positive safety culture
- Support the personal development of all people employed on the Depot. Carry out performance reviews with the operational management team, identifying training needs
- Create an effective working environment building a diverse, well- balanced team.
- Supporting with continuous improvement and new business wins outside prime work
- Location inclusive SMART operations.
- Financial and Budget responsibilities
What will make you a great fit for this role?
- To be proactive and work under own initiative to form solutions to potential problems with the ability to make decisions instantaneously
- Previous experience of managing a budget
- Strong negotiating and reasoning skills
- Fully competent in the management of health & safety
- Strong presentation skills
- The ability to motivate a team
- Professional manner
- Strong commercial understanding
- CPC holder
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Business acumen, with