Company: BRAINTREE HOSPITALITY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
$200 Signing Bonus
Reports to - General Manager
Benefits - Medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, employee incentive program, hotel room discounts, Old Mill District discounts and more
Prepares meals for guest consumption; ensures kitchen is clean and in compliance with health codes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures it from storage.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, boilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes, using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and tenderizers, to prepare soups, salads, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Sets up and stocks stations with all necessary supplies.
- Cooks menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Cleans up station and takes care of waste.
- Stocks inventory appropriately.
- Ensures all food items are properly dated.
- Ensures all food items are properly stored.
- Maintains inventory.
- Maintains temperature logs.
- Ensures that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Complies with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintains a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Adheres to all safety and brand standards.
- Responds to guest requests and complaints timely, efficiently, appropriately and in a friendly manner.
- Maintains professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows Company policies and procedures.
- Operates kitchen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws including OSHA, EEOC, wage and hour, and health code laws.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Possess knowledge of food and beverage in the restaurant or hotel operations.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for the position.
- Read recipes of items to be prepared.
- Measure, cut, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials.
- Accept responsibility for the accuracy of the work as it is turned out.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language, proficiently. Ability to speak other languages in a multicultural work environment can be extremely helpful in facilitating good communication among all hotel team members.
- Able to utilize quick thinking and apply quick resolution to guest issues in accordance to the brand standards.
- Able to work in fast paced environment.
- Able to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks.
Powered by JazzHR