This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business that truly puts safety at the heart of everything it does and has big plans for the future.
Our client is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. We are now looking for a Class 2 Driver to join the team and help us to continue to do things the right way.
As a Class 2 Driver, you will be a fundamental part of the team, enabling them to continue with our mission to help protect the planet. The role is fast-paced but in return, we will offer you a permanent job with guaranteed hours, including a flexible start-time, personal development, career prospects and job security.
Why join us?
- You'll have the opportunity to make a difference, help us to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- We're growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- We provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride ourselves on promoting from within
What do we expect of each other?
- That each of us act like owners of this growing business
- We collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be - especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
This is the role that's on offer for the right person:
- You'll provide a friendly, professional service and ensure that customers enjoy a first-class experience.
- Visiting catering establishments and other customers, you will spend some days delivering bins and collecting food waste and other days delivering premium cooking oil and collecting used cooking oil
- As well as using state-of-the-art handheld technology to record your volumes, you will also be responsible for keeping your modern vehicle clean
What are we looking for? As you can imagine, you'll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but we don't expect you to have everything from the start! We will coach, train and support you, it's more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp our business and take us forward.
We will be looking for:
- A class 2 driving licence without any DR10 or IN10 (or equivalent) licence offence codes and no more than 6 points
- Experience with digital tacho cards and customer-facing experience
- Experience in a multi drop, delivery or collection role, but this is advantageous, not essential
- Experience in the waste industry, also beneficial and not essential, as is a CPC qualification,
As the role can involve moving and carrying weights in excess of 20kg, we will provide manual handling training and medical screening to the successful candidate.