R+L Carriers has an immediate opportunity for Tire Mechanics at our Wilmington, OH Service Center. Preferred Candidates will have the ability to lift up to 125lbs, work in a fast paced environment as well as change, repair, and maintenance tractor trailer tires with ease. Mechanics are responsible for changing and repairing tires on class 8 fleet vehicles. In addition, candidates must have a good driving record. Other duties may apply as requested by management.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Must have 1-year Commercial Tire experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good work ethics
- Independent thinking skills required
- Ability to properly Mount and dismount truck and car tires
- Ability to lift 125 lbs
- Ability to stand on concrete for extended periods of time
- Operate off and on the truck balancer
- Must have current operator's license and the ability to operate and perform service calls on the road with a service truck
- Must have basic knowledge of tire D.O.T. information
- Basic knowledge of out of service criteria
- Identify the difference between a retread and new tire
- Identify each wheel type and proper fasteners
- Operate 1' air wrench
- Identify and operate basic hand tools
- Properly tighten all types of wheels
- Properly repair a tractor-trailer tire to company standards
- Clean MVR required
Please click "APPLY NOW" for consideration!
We offer an excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching contributions, Paid Vacation & Holidays, and free vacation lodging at our exclusive employee resorts in Daytona Beach, FL, Big Bear Lake, CA and Pigeon Forge, TN.
Role: Tire Mechanics, Earn up to $21.42/hr
Apply for this job now.