Yard Operative / Forklift Driver
We are on the lookout for an experienced Yard Operative who ideally has a Counterbalance and Reach License to come work in our client's warehouse based in the Brockley area. Our client is a supplier to the building and construction industry with multiple sites across the South of the England.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the service of customers and the upkeep of the yard and warehouse areas whilst picking items with a forklift. Within the role the post holder will be loading and unloading vehicles whilst preparing order for deliveries.
Within the role the successful individual shall be working as part of a team in which they will make sure that all customers can rely on a timely, friendly, and dependable service. It is vital that all customers are dealt with in a professional and polite manner.
The offers the opportunity for the right candidate to progress to a Trade Counter Sales Assistant role within 6 to 12 months of securing the role.
Responsibilities / Skills required:
- Ensuring that customers are served promptly and efficiently with the correct materials
- Ensuring that Company procedure and Policies are always used
- Receive and check off deliveries to the branch, highlighting any discrepancies and ensuring correct and timely storage of goods are in line with Health & Safety Guidelines
- Ensure yard and warehouse are always kept tidy that stock is clearly identifiable and low stock levels are highlighted to Branch Management where necessary
- Ensure that forklifts are used and maintained in an appropriate manner in line with Health & Safety Guidelines
- Assist with picking and loading or orders
- Work and communicate as a team member to ensure the branch operates efficiently and effectively within Company Procedure
- Perform any other duties including stock-taking and as maybe deemed necessary or as maybe required by the Company.
- The successful candidate will need a Reach and Counterbalance licences
- Computer Skills
- Client -
CV Screen is recruiting for a leading organisation who have a strong brand within their sector and offer great career prospects.
Who will suit the role?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Warehouse / Yard operative who has a counterbalance and reach license.
Salary / Benefits:
A salary of up to £22,000 is available
Working hours of 7:00am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday and 7:30am to 11:30am on Saturdays
Please send your CV to Sam Gillett of CV Screen in strict confidence, CV Screen is the Recruitment Agency managing this vacancy.
Forklift Driver / Yard Operative
Reach and Counterbalance Licences
Based in Brockley