Sanford Federal, Inc. headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.
Job Title: Medical Physicist
Based at: New York State
Job Summary: Sanford Federal, Inc. is looking for experienced Medical Physicist.
- Certified medical physicist or certified medical health physicist by the American Board of Health Physics (ABHP)
- Hold a Master's Degree in Medical Physics, Health Physics or a related field.
- Hold current Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiological Physics by the American Board of Radiology and or American Board of Medical Physics.
The Medical Physicist should have experience in:
- CT Optimization
- Calibration and testing of diagnostic x-ray equipment.
Some of the additional duties are:
- Shall provide consultation for additional services as needed, i.e., safety training, and medical events involving radiation exposure.
- Nuclear Medicine, PET, and MRI Scanners shall be tested annually.
- Shall perform quarterly, semi-annual and annual Quality Assurance Testing (QA) on existing diagnostic x-ray equipment.
- testing of new devices, usually 1 per year.
- Full inspection of repaired or adjusted equipment that may affect the radiation output or image quality.
- Testing of each replacement X-ray tube prior to patient use.
- Testing of diagnostic monitors used by Radiologists and Technologists for patient imaging.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR