Senior Social Worker - Children in Care Team - Birmingham City Council
Purpose of the Job:
Manage a Children & Families caseload of various levels of complexity, involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate action, contributing to the effective application of resources to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and their families. The postholder should be working in line with the Competency Framework.
The post holder must complete the Consolidation Module within 3 years of qualifying as a Social Worker.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a Children & Families caseload to include complex and diverse cases, involving assessments, reviews and the preparation of welfare reports and court attendance, to effectively meet the needs of the client group, in line with the competency standards set out in the Competency Framework. The caseload will be managed within the relevant framework of supervision dependent on the complexity of the case and post qualification experience of the post holder but all cases will involve difficult and distressing situations.
- Contribute to and review the development of ongoing initiatives to achieve a more effective use of resources within Children & Families Services.
- Initiate and develop close working partnerships with statutory agencies, voluntary and private sector agencies, carers and those with parental responsibility in order to facilitate effective service delivery.
- Inform advise, counsel and support clients and carers, individually and in group settings, to relieve stress and modify attitudes of behaviour to meet the needs of the client.
- Ensure that information systems, e.g. CAFIS, and client records are effectively maintained to provide up-to-date and accurate information, upon which decisions affecting service delivery can be made.
- Maintain a personal awareness of legislation, departmental and corporate policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Looked After Children, Children in Need and Child Protection, acting in line with these to ensure consistency and a high quality of service delivery across the Directorate.
- Recruit, train, assess and support adoptive parents and foster carers to ensure that there is a suitable range of placements to meet the needs of children within the District and across the County and to facilitate the adoption and fostering process.
- Attend training courses and other development opportunities as agreed with line manager to ensure compliance with GSCC requirements.
The following outlines the Minimum criteria for this post. Applicants who have a disability and who meet the minimum criteria will be shortlisted.
- A working knowledge of child development and demonstrate an ability to underpin practice with a theoretical base, including attachment theory and the needs of Children in Care in the Child Protection system
- A working knowledge of national policies, frameworks and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Protects and Working Together
- A working knowledge of County procedures relating to Looked After Children/Children in Need/Child Protection
- A knowledge of family court proceedings
- Knowledge of family relationships
- Good knowledge of assessment frameworks
You MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Qualified Social worker - Degree in social work
Why Medicare First?
- Free DBS and fast compliance service
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Regular meetings/ visits with your consultant
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
£29.93 - £32.34 PH
Based in Birmingham
Initial 3 month contract
Monday - Friday working hours = 37 hours per week
If this sounds like the job for you, please apply today, alternatively for more information please call me on: 0121 688 82 20 or 07710502370, I cant wait to hear from you!
If this job isn't for you, but you know someone who maybe interested, refer your friend and if successful we can offer you a "Refer a friend bonus" of £250.
Role: Senior Social Worker - Children in Care
Apply for this job now.