Our well renowned client is urgently looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join their team based in Stoke-On-Trent, on a permanent basis. The Business Analyst will work in partnership with the business providing logistics system support, innovation, leadership and expertise on day-to day business activities and project initiatives.
The Business Analyst will be ideally ITIL certified (v3), have a solid understanding of the telematics industry or telematics software, proficient in database design as well as a background in software testing and Application Support.
The Business Analyst will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary along with a Bonus scheme of up to 10%, 33 days' holiday (including Bank Holidays), Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Training and Development as well as a market leading Pension contribution.
Business Analyst - Key Skills:
- IT Qualifications: BSc or equivalent business experience.
- Certified to ITIL (v3) and/or experience working in a formal change -controlled environment.
- Strong understanding of the telematics industry and experience with telematics software.
- Proficient in both software and hardware mobile solutions & Software Development Lifecycle methodologies.
- Proficient in Database Design best practices.
- Familiar with at least one help desk and customer support tool.
- Proficient in Software Testing and Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Proficient in ITIL processes and practices.
- Proficient in Business Process Analysis (as-is and to-be).
- Over 5 years system development experience in an IT environment. Relevant experience in a logistics company would be expected.
- 2 years' experience in a senior project support role or leading a project team.
Business Analyst - Responsibilities:
- To proactively identify business process improvement opportunities and lead business process change.
- To understand internal and external client requirements; propose and deliver fit for purpose technical solutions.
- To identify and utilise industry best practice.
- To lead investigations, stakeholder analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility studies and impact assessments.
- To review proposed benefits and highlight any risks/issues in new /redesigned processes/solutions.
- To apply the use of standards, methods and tools for requirements capture, process modelling, fit-gap analysis, risk/impact evaluation.
- To assess costs, timescales and resource requirements.