Position Title:Assistant Manager
Reports to:Store Manager
Exemption Status: Non- Exempt Full-Time
Assists the Store Manager in the day-to-day operations of a retail store with the purpose of optimizing profits by controlling costs and expenses while building sales volumes. Maintains and enforces high standards in merchandising, inventory control, customer service, and store appearance.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
- Works to ensure year to year sales growth.
- Ensures control and protection of retail store inventory as follows:
- Controls shrink to company standards
- Inspects and reviews deliveries for proper quality and quantity
- Completes accurate and regular merchandise inventory counts
- Accurately accounts for all un-saleable merchandise
- Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Assists with hiring, training, motivating, coaching, and developing store associates.
- Maintains a safe and clean retail environment for all associates and customers.
- Assists in the completion of accurate and regular merchandise inventory counts.
- Supports the training of all employees in suggested selling and merchandising techniques.
- Assists with preparation, presentation and display of visual merchandising and in-store marketing programs, as directed by the Store Manager or District Manager.
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of customer service.
- Works with the Store Manager to evaluate performance issues, coaching opportunities and annual evaluations for store associates.
- Follows standard security and controls shrink by enforcing shoplifter identification procedures and employee theft prevention.
- Maintains and presents a positive, enthusiastic attitude toward job and company.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications/Skills And Knowledge Requirements:
- Preferred management experience or equivalent with at least 1 year of experience in a customer-facing sales setting.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation. Must be willing to travel via car, plane or train to meet business needs.
- Work requires a solid knowledge of business and an excellent command of the English language to effectively communicate with other employees, management and customers.
- Individuals must have demonstrated the ability to handle responsibility and understand the needs of the street lifestyle customer.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products is required.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Some analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Individuals must be able to stand for extended periods of time, stock shelves by climbing ladders or stairs, lift and move inventory up to 50 lbs., determine colors for merchandise stock and customer assistance, and work varied hours/days/locations to oversee store operations.
Role: Assistant Manager
Apply for this job now.