Compensation: DOE up to $80,000 + Excellent Benefits and Work/Life Balance FLSA Exempt
Are you a SCCM expert who knows how to tap its full potential? Are imaging, packaging and updating your cup of tea? When you enter a data center, do you feel like you're in a happy place? Do you gain a sense of pride by leveraging technology to better the State of Arizona? If the answer is “Yes!” to all of the above, we'd love to hear from you!
The Arizona State Retirement System, a dynamic statewide pension plan with over $40 billion in assets, is seeking an experienced Tier 3 Senior Support Administrator within its Technology Services Division.
THE POSITION duties include:
- A primary focus on administration and full use of Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 to manage and maintain the health and security of ASRS' client and server infrastructure.
- Working closely with other IT teams including Information Security, Helpdesk, Quality Assurance, Production Support and product vendors to plan, deploy and sustain a stable, highly-performing and available application environment.
- Ownership/oversight and hands-on planning and deployment of ASRS' system upgrade lifecycles.
- Proactive monitoring, identification and resolution of the most complex infrastructure and application problems.
- Additionally and as needed:
- Maintain timely, accurate and complete documentation and desk procedures for systems and team functions.
- Identify and remediate security vulnerabilities.
- Administration and management of:
- physical and virtual servers
- mid-tier storage arrays and SAN
- security appliances
- active directory and group policy
- public cloud services
- enterprise applications e.g., Exchange/O365, secure remote access, remote desktop/VDI
- multi-tiered COTS applications
- Adherence to ITSM Incident, Problem, Configuration and Change Management processes and controls.
- Perform Helpdesk functions including creating tickets, communicating directly with users/IT staff, fielding incident escalations, performing troubleshooting operations and thoroughly documenting progress/status.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience with administering and leveraging Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012 or later.
- Ability to:
- Create, maintain and document desktop and server images in an enterprise environment using any/all of the following technologies: Business Desktop Deployment (BDD), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Windows Deployment Services (WDS), Operating System Deployment (OSD), Zero Touch Installation (ZTI) images, Windows Pre-installation Environment (WinPE), Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK), and Pre-Boot Execution Environment (PXE).
- Create, maintain and document custom task sequences using Microsoft scripting technologies and components such as PowerShell, VBScript, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), .NET and Extensible Markup Language (XML) for captured images.
- Create, maintain and document application packages.
- Create, maintain and document drivers for assigned hardware.
- Support antivirus/malware endpoint protection products.
- Recommend, create, maintain and document SCCM reports relevant to the operation.
- Ensure compliance with known security vulnerabilities through recurring Microsoft and 3rd-party software patch cycles.
- Through understanding of multi-tiered application architecture.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and client operating systems.
- Ability to automate operational tasks and routines using PowerShell and/or other automation platforms/methods.
- Proven customer service skills and ability to work professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written with internal and external customers and business partners.
- Ability to write technical documentation for various audiences (administrator/user focused).
- Proven prioritizing and organizing skills.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills and analytical/critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to practice timely, accurate and complete accounting practices for time spent and activities performed within the organization's service management system (Jira).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within established operational policies and guidelines.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the agency.
- Linux knowledge a plus.
- Experience working in a 24x7, mission critical enterprise data center environment.
- Ability to participate in a 24x7 on call rotation.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- One or more related, industry-accepted certifications such as CCNA, MCSE, VMWare, CISSP, or SCCM certification
- BS in Computer/Information Systems and/or five years of experience as a server/network administrator in a medium-large enterprise.
- Multiple years' experience hands-on administration of one or more of the of the following: IBM FileNet; Atlassian JIRA, ServiceDesk, Confluence, Crowd, Bamboo, Fisheye, Crucible; SolarWinds Suite; Office 365; AWS; Azure; GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer (MFT).
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Robust and affordable insurance plans (medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options)
- A top-ranked retirement program with employer matched contribution
- 10 paid holidays per year * Accrued vacation and sick days
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
- Work-life balance supported by flexible work hours, telework, and Monday thru Friday work weeks
- The opportunity to participate in deferred compensation, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- Rewarding work that benefits the people of Arizona
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligible employer
Please visit Total Compensation to learn more about benefits offered to our employees. The Arizona State Retirement System is located in midtown Phoenix, within walking distance of the Light Rail. We also provide free covered parking. We offer a stable work environment and an atmosphere that fosters a healthy work-life balance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Current employees are to apply through the Opportunities link in the MAP application. External applicants apply online at Azstatejobs.gov, Job ID 40867.
Posting is open until filled.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Candidates selected for hire will be subject to a background investigation to include credit and criminal history.
The Arizona State Retirement System does not provide sponsorship for this position.
Possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment may be required. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
Employment may be contingent upon completion of a post-offer medical/physical examination and the agency's ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
For more than a half-century, the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) has provided retirement, health insurance and long term disability benefits to employees of the state, counties, municipalities, universities, community colleges, school districts and other political entities. We are a top performing benefit plan administrator with a solid reputation and sustainable plan design. Our organizational culture is based on the following principles; Professionalism, Results, Improvement, Diversity and Excellence. We believe in delivering service with PRIDE. Check out our webpage, Azasrs.gov, to learn more about the ASRS.
Role: Senior Support Administrator (SR Systems Admin)
Apply for this job now.