83zero Ltd is excited to be working alongside a giant within the finance space. With a global presence and a leader within merchant banking, they are looking to add additional support in their IT Operational Control team! With offices across the UK, this position will be hybrid working so we are accepting applicants around London & Hull.
What's in it for you…
- Competitive Salary with great benefits & bonus
- 25 days holiday (option to buy more)
- Christmas shopping day
- Life assurance cover - x4 times basic salary
- Private healthcare schemes
- 10% pension contribution
- Discounted gym memberships + much more!
This role will take ownership for the major incident and problem management disciplines in conjunction with the Head of IT Operational Control, ensuring an effective and coordinated set of processes are created and maintained across all services, suppliers, partners and customers.
The incident and problem management role will support CBL by ensuring when incidents occur normal service is restored as quickly as possible. By consciously improving related processes, making available and action upon high-quality data, the major incident and problem manager will take a key role in eliminating or mitigating the impact of incidents.
What will you be doing?
- You will oversee Major Incidents within complex environments; engaging, focusing, and driving internal and external resolver teams to efficiently restore service.
- You'll take accountability for delivering clear and accurate communication during Major Incidents to stakeholders across the company
- You will direct troubleshooting and recovery with confidence and authority to minimise time to resolve.
- You will take responsibility for clarifying the severity of all levels of incidents to execute the correct level of the Incident Management Process.
- Be able to deliver Major Incident reviews to establish actions to prevent future incidents and produce comprehensive incident reports to senior management.
- Ability to lead Problem diagnosis, coordinating suppliers and internal teams to determine the underlying root cause of issues
- Lead implementation of permanent resolutions to reduce repeat incidents and minimise the impact of those incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Ability to identify incident and problem trends and drive these numbers down accordingly with preventative actions
- Provide input to the service design process with operational acceptance criteria and support models for incidents and problems.
- Factors in relation to incident management and problem management.
- Ensure that problems, major incidents, and planned/proactive tasks are correctly prioritised and delivered in accordance with those priorities
- Strong demonstrable experience of Major Incident and Problem Management, with a strong understanding of the ITIL processes, across multi-platforms.
- Strong crisis management skills - able to direct work and remain calm in stressful situations with conflicting demands, whilst motivating disparate teams and vendors to provide solutions
- Able to influence and manage a range of non-direct reports within the wider IT Team
- A strong background in incident and problem management roles, with solid understanding of service management frameworks and processes.
- Ability to analyse a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management Software
- Experience working with IT Systems such as Oracle, Sql, Virtual platforms
If you are reading this and feel you have what it takes to be successful in this position then apply now! Get in contact for a confidential conversation!