Total Comfort Group is a leading national provider of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and project management services throughout the United States. Our focus is on retail and commercial multi-site properties across the united states. Though our family of companies we are able to provide innovate services that are on-time and cost effective.
The HVAC/R Service Estimator will be a subject matter expert for all HVAC/R related work and will primarily be responsible to review HVAC/R or any other relevant trade related proposals for repair and replacement. This position will work directly with our technicians and staff to answer any industry related questions and ensure we are in line with all industry best practices and pricing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and evaluate all repair and replacement proposals specific to commercial applications
- Utilize personal trade/field experience to identify pricing errors, overcharges, and proper breakout to help control/monitor repair costs
- Communicate with technicians, Total Comfort Group team members, and clients
- Review and respond to work orders in a set time frame
- Review work order history of location for prior system repairs
- Negotiate best possible terms for repair scenarios with vendors and suppliers
- Develop partnerships and utilize influencing skills to secure best services at best cost to the client
- Maintain detailed records of activities and completed work orders and track financial savings
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced engineering principles and practices
- Ability to improve job costs through negotiation with suppliers and vendors
- Ability to conduct research to ensure accuracy of all estimates
- Ability to recognize cost-saving opportunities and provide alternate options when needed
- Workflow comprehension
- Proficiency in preparing work orders, trade documents, and e-mail communications
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- High sense of urgency with ability to meet deadlines
- Adaptable to an ever changing environment
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications
- Listens and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline preferred (Mechanical, Building Construction, etc.) and/or 4+ years’ work related experience in Technical Management
- 5-10 years commercial plumbing repair, maintenance, and installation
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and troubleshoot problems with plumbing systems and equipment
- Commercial construction experience is preferred
- Licensure or certification in the HVAC/R trade or as a mechanical inspector preferred
Our goal is to hire and retain highly motivated individuals who have the highest ethical standards and the best reputation in the industry. Built on customer service and customer satisfaction, the greatest assets of our company are our employees and the clients they serve. If you have a passion to excel in this field and are looking for a career rather than a job, we invite you to come learn more about our rapidly expanding team.
Total Comfort Group is an industry leading, multifaceted service group in partnership with various industries. Through our regional self-perform footprint, we provide innovative solutions through electrical, heating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, and energy management services. Our services have the oversight and attention of qualified experts within their respected fields from inception to completion of our client's request. Technology is our backbone and with our state of the art service solutions software system, we are able to provide updates, photos and technician recommendations in real time. The information is then passed to our clients along with recommendations for critical repair and spend decisions. Powered by people, driven by innovation, we are Total Comfort Group.
Role: Trade Estimator - HVACR
Apply for this job now.