Supervising Social Worker - Fostering Team - Permanent! - Part Time - Somerset - Shepton Mallett - £23,558 - £26,867 per annum
Due to the retirement of the postholder, one of our Fostering Teams in Somerset are currently looking to appoint a part time Supervising Social Worker in a large Fostering Team. This team has remained very stable and supportive whilst significantly improving services over the past three years working closely with our colleagues in childcare. You will be supported to develop in the role, with regular supervision, a planned induction and good training opportunities. In order to be successful for this role Social Workers will need to hold a recognised Social Work qualification and importantly, you will be motivated, enthusiastic and focused on improving outcomes for children looked after, whilst supporting foster carers facing the day to day challenges of meeting complex needs. You will need to have an interest in supervising and supporting connected person foster carers and flexibility to support and visit, where required, out of hours. Successful Social Workers will ideally have an understanding or experience of working with Children Looked After or of supervising foster carers who provide care to children needing to be looked after. You will also hold values that acknowledge how important the role of a foster carer is in promoting the needs of children in their care, having knowledge and understanding about the impact that trauma, loss and separation can have on a child's welfare and strategies to promote their resilience. Benefits of working for Somerset as a Fostering Social Worker include:
As a Foster Supervising Social Worker, You MUST be:
- Access to Unique training & development which includes CPD Training, the Aspiring Manager programme, and Accredited programmes such as IPOP, Risk and Decision Making, PG Dip in Advanced Social Work (Modules).
- Generous Relocation Package of up to £8,000
- Flexible Working scheme offering the flexibility to manage your work and home commitments in a way to suit your lifestyle - including mobile working.
- Staff discounts for bikes and equipment, cars, shopping, travel, cinema, insurance, professional memberships and much more.
- Access to their Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A UK license holder
- Post-qualified experience
- Completed ASYE
For more information please contact #removed#
Role: Supervising Social Worker - Fostering Team - Permanent! - Part
Job Type: Permanent
Location: somerset, england, england
Apply for this job now.