- Manage the day to day financial transactions of the business including accounts payable and accounts receivable, reconcile accounts, process payroll, prepare reports and complete tax forms.
- Communicate, explain, and administer employment benefits; implement and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Reconcile bills to purchase orders and receiving records, resolve discrepancies, if any
- Process and record all accounts payable transactions and ensure that all bills and are paid timely and accurately, and allowable discounts are taken
- Review and process expense reports; import and process employee credit card transactions, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions; reconcile credit card charges to statements
- Monitor, review and verify accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness and adequacy of supporting documentation
- Review system, service, and product sales orders, monitor fulfillment progress, and issue invoices to customers
- Monitor receivables, and follow up with customers on past due accounts
- Maintain calendar of and comply with agency, local, state, and federal government reporting requirements, including sales and use tax returns, property tax reports, and business registration renewals, and annual reports
- Perform payroll operations, ensure all necessary forms and documentation are completed for personnel actions, and administer employee benefits
- Maintain insurance policies and schedules, including inland marine insurance and auto insurance; distribute and collect insurance certificates to and from customers and suppliers as needed
- Maintain records of and valuation of fixed assets and rental equipment
- Maintain filing systems for accounting and HR records
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate, explain, and enforce company policies and procedures
- Research and document sales tax and labor laws as needed
- Provide information to external auditors
- Perform other financial and administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of five years full charge bookkeeping experience, preferably in a custom fabrication shop environment
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in Excel, Word, Access, and Google Apps
- Strong math, analytical, organization, and time management skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail with consistent accuracy, thoroughness, and follow through
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to present information and communicate clearly in both written and oral formats
- Working knowledge of federal and state taxation and labor laws, rules and regulations
- Self-motivated, proactive in problem solving and generating recommendations for process improvement
- Must be available for occasional travel
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Employer Paid Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Performance and Profit Sharing Bonuses
Please forward your resume detailing your experience, current position, salary, and availability to start, along with a summary of how your skills and experience will benefit MK Environmental Inc.
MK Environmental Inc. is a leading manufacturer of environmental remediation systems. We specialize in Dual Phase Vacuum Extraction (DPVE) and Groundwater Treatment System, Soil Vapor Extraction System, and Electrical Resistance Heating (ERH) Extraction and Treatment System. Our expertise and reputation for customer service has earned us the distinction of preferred provider for many state environmental protection agencies and environmental remediation consultants.
Role: Accounting Manager
Apply for this job now.