The Sales Representative is responsible for calling on builders, contractors, architects, designers and homeowner associations within an assigned territory to facilitate the sale of the window, door, millwork and related products to new and established accounts in order to meet or exceed sales and gross margin targets for the Company and the territory. In addition, this position is responsible for providing specialized knowledge and support to the Company’s channel partners, assisting with project management and pre and post sales service, and building customer loyalty in order to grow business in support of the Company’s overall budget, strategies and goals. This includes representing and promoting the Company and its products and services, obtaining orders and closing sales, increasing customer satisfaction, responding to customer needs and growing market share. The Sales Representative works closely with other departments along with suppliers to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Meet established sales and gross margin goals while ensuring customer satisfaction and representing the Company with integrity and professionalism
- Consistently call on and develop consultative relationships with key builders, specifying architects and designers, and provide education on products and services to influence them to specify the Company’s products and develop project sales opportunities
- Determine market strategies and goals for the territory as needed to ensure comprehensive market coverage for all product brands in all market segments, including new construction and remodel
- Respond to leads and sales opportunities by scheduling appointments and meeting with potential customers for product demonstrations
- Utilize a professional sales process to close sales. Present features and benefits, respond to objections, and provide quotes in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with established Company guidelines for pricing, programs and other criteria.
- Educate and communicate the Company’s value proposition in order to drive loyalty, satisfaction, sales and service
- Maintain an active role in all phases of project management as necessary to ensure successful project execution, including blue print take-offs, product selection, project specification, proposal preparation, lead time and delivery management, exceptions and bid inclusions
- Identify effective and active local building industry organizations and actively participate to build brand awareness and develop professional relationships. Represent the Company at industry events and trade and home shows
- Act as a point of contact and as a liaison between the Company and homeowners, architects, builders, and retailers by providing customer service, resolving issues, and providing information and support in an effective, accurate, timely and professional manner
- Provide customers with product and warranty information and pricing quotes according to Company guidelines and follow-up on open quotes and sales orders as needed
- Communicate territory activity, architect and trade contacts, project opportunities, project status, competitive activity and other pertinent market and field information through customer relationship management software (CRM)
- Maintain a current and expert level of knowledge of products, including technical information, specifications, and installation practices and techniques
- Enter sales orders into the computer and verify orders for accuracy, correct pricing and delivery schedule
- Prepare credit/debit memos for review and approval
- Collect deposits and payments and provide assistance with customer account receivable issues when requested
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and other departments, sharing information, managing expectations, and ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures
Kansas City Millwork supports a collaborative team work environment, open two-way communication, balanced family-work life, and performance-based recognition and rewards. We also provide hands-on and financial support to our communities.
Benefits: 401(K) Plan with a Company Match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Holidays, Vacation, Bereavement and Sick Leave, College Scholarships for Dependents, and much more.
Role: Outside Sales Representative
Location: Kansas City,
Apply for this job now.