COMPANY: GCI COM
JOB TYPE: Permanent, Full Time
SALARY: £16,500 - £22,000
Junior / 1st Line Service Desk Engineer
We are looking for someone who wants to take their first steps into IT to join our growing team as a Junior Service Desk Engineer at our Poole office. This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join one of the UK's fastest growing MSPs, working on the latest, cutting-edge technologies.
The Junior Service Desk Engineer will be responsible for dealing with incoming incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email. To be successful in this role you will need a passion for excellent customer service.
You will be expected to manage incidents through their entire life cycle from the first point of contact through to resolution which may include their prompt escalation to 2nd/3rd level resolution teams or Third-Party Suppliers as necessary.
We are looking for someone who:
- Taking ownership of incidents and managing them in a logical and methodological manner;
- Accurately logging incidents while categorising and prioritising them in line with service operation procedures; and
- Diagnosing and resolving problems to the customers satisfaction.
- Can deliver consistent, excellent customer service
- Has a general knowledge of PC/Mac Systems
- Has a natural aptitude for learning and personal development
- Can prioritise their workload efficiently
Note: This role includes evening and weekend work on a 24/7 shift basis.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team GCI then don't hesitate to apply!
What you can expect from us in return:
At GCI, we think it's important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams and a real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
Why choose a career with GCI?
- Holiday: 22 days' holiday rising to 25 days with length of services
- Flexible working: It's important to maintain a healthy work/life balance; GCI will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
- Top tech: We don't just keep out services and solutions for our customers; that means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
- Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
- Retail discounts and other perks: A "thanks" from GCI for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
- Volunteering: We believe in supporting and encouraging all our staff to participate in activities that support charities and aid organisations, so we provide 1.5 days' paid leave per year to enable them to give back
At GCI we have several goals. We're one of the UK's fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to grow. We're a leading Managed Service Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
GCI recognise the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied role across the Company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme and various training and development programmes available, at GCI the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies:
GCI have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately we are unable to accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.
Job Type: Full-time...Role: Junior / 1st Line Service Desk Engineer Job Type: Permanent, Full TimeLocation: Poole, South West, South WestApply for this job now.