We're Medicare First, a nationwide social care recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified social work professionals for temporary and permanent work across the UKs local authorities. We work to provide a fair and ethical service to the workers we represent; it is central to our business ethos.
To undertake all statutory roles and functions of an ApprovedMental Health Professional (AMHP); approved and authorised under the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007). Provide a comprehensive social work and care coordination service to adults with mental health needs, specifically those with Psychotic disorders and within a defined service area. All staff will be expected to consider their role in the context of the objectives of the local authority and to contribute constructively to the continuous improvement, performance management and best value practice and in the interagency context of the Department's work.
About the client
Our client is a forward thinking Council based in Birmingham. The role in the adult department is focused on the delivery of services relating to vulnerable Adults and young people These services will be delivered against specifications set by the People Commissioning function in line with the County Council's overarching outcomes.
- Undertake objective and independent assessments to ensure individuals receive appropriate support and care to the highest standards in the least restrictive environment.
- Actively participate in AMHP Rotas ensuring full service is available at all times, noting deficits and raising any concerns with AMHP Lead.
- Following all MHA Assessments (MHAA) produce Report(s) in an agreed format and make available to AMHP Lead/Manager for annual appraisal and regular supervision.
- Ensure knowledge and awareness of all relevant MHA Policy & Procedures and practice within these; supporting AMHP Lead in development of same & informing AMHP Lead of any practice issues arising from these.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to team members and relevant others to ensure that the services provided are consistent, integrated and of the highest standard.
- Prepare and present a portfolio for re-approval in line with the AMHP re-approval policy. Actively participating in, at least, annual appraisal of AMHP practice and undertaking at least, 18 hours of approved AMHP Refresher Training per year.
- Promote high standards of professional practice through delivering, reviewing and evaluation of interventions that will improve the quality of the outcomes for service users. Act as Care Coordinator for a varied caseload under Care Programme Approach.
What you will receive from us
- Medicare First is a first tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay both (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
We would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements. Please call Cindia on [... Click Apply...]for further details.