Company: PAGE PERSONNEL
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum
Chelmsford based HR Advisor role within the NHS public sector and government is required To provide professional HR advice and support on HR issues to line managers and other individuals within the NHS Trust as required and contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies and NHS initiatives.
Operate in specific Human Resource areas, e.g. Recruitment, Diversity, Maternity, in order to support and advise managers in those areas.
This leading NHS trust have gone through a merger earlier this year and have coped incredibly well through the current pandemic supporting the community and providing a safe working environment for their staff. Based in Chelmsford the role offers flexibility but will be based at site for the majority of the week inline with social distancing and government guidelines as you will be supporting the key operational workers in all HR related matters including HR and Recruitment
HR Advisor duties and responsibilities;
- To provide advice and support to Trust managers and staff on a wide range of operational Human Resources issues, including disciplinary and grievance issues, undertaking initial investigations, arranging hearings and advising at hearings to a panel as necessary as allocated by HR Manager, including planning, collating and when required, giving evidence at hearings and/or meetings including dealing with contentious information which may be confrontational or disputed.
- Participate as HR representative at employee relations meetings/hearings eg, disciplinary, grievance, dignity at work, capability, which includes analysis and interpretation of information which may be contentious, highly complex and sensitive.
- Policy, Project Work and Reports; To support the HR team in the development, regular review and update of the Trust's employment policies and procedures, ensuring that they reflect current legislation e.g. Equality Act 2010 and Working Time Regulations.
- To contribute and lead on specific programmes of work as requested by Director/Head of HR/HR Manager.
- Employee Relations; To support and maintain available systems for consultation and negotiation arrangements with staff representatives.
- To promote partnership working throughout all areas of responsibility.
- To work with staff representatives on specific issues as required.
- Pay and Reward; To advise managers in the application of available reward and recognition systems.
- To have a good understanding of the Trust's payroll system. Liaising with them to ensure they provide a high quality of service.
- Training and Development; To develop oneself within the job, including the undertaking of CPD as appropriate, also to be proactive in identifying own professional development needs.
- To work with Trust managers to develop and enhance their human resources knowledge and skills.
HR Advisor Characteristics, attributes and experience;
- Able to demonstrate experience of 2-3 years in a similar HR Advisor role
- CIPD qualified/ studying or equivalent level of experience.
- Experience in the provision of advice to managers on a full range of Human Resources employment related issues that meets operational needs
- Must demonstrate commitment to personal and career development eg employment law, best practice and national initiatives
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and experience of applying it in appropriate circumstances.
- Able to liaise effectively with staff and managers at all levels of the organisation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to influence, negotiate and persuade others.
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Computer literate e.g. Microsoft office, databases, internet browsers and email applications.
- Up to date knowledge of the Data Protection Act and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledge of personnel data management systems (eg Electronic Staff Records)
- Good organisational skills including time management, problem solving and prioritising workloads.
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity as an employee and as a provider of service to the public.
- Experience in the maintenance of confidential records.
- Experience in the use of HR Systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in contributing to the research and development of employment policies, procedures and practices.
- Involvement in or delivery of training.
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Experience of practical problem solving and solving complex HR problems.
Great Chelmsford based public sector and government NHS trust in need of someone on an initial 3 month contract with a Strong possibility of extending with the NHS naturally offering stable career opportunities.
Role: HR Advisor
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Apply for this job now.