COMPANY: WALDORF ASTORIA EDINBURGH - THE CALEDONIAN
JOB TYPE: Permanent , Full Time
Job Summary The stories begin here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian:
WaldorfAstoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, known locally as the Caley, was built in1903 and is one of Edinburgh''''s most significant landmarks. Standing proudly atthe West End of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotelnestles in the shadow of Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style andexcellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities forover one hundred years. Clickon the link to view our hotel video # Whyjoin the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian as a Director of Rooms?
- Personal Development Programme set on the day youstart
- Workingin an environment where creativity is highly appreciated
- Yearly teamoutings
- Do notforget a competitive starting salary
- Beingpart of the hotel bonus structure
- 28 daysholidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Complimentarymeals on duty
- Worldwidetravel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates over 5,000 properties inmore than 100 countries and 50% Food & Beverage discounts
- Industryleading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental andhealth cover, and high street discounts
Welook forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that youwould expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide. What will it belike to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
WaldorfAstoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalisedattention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treateven the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level ofcustomer service, you may just be the person we are looking for! Whatwill I be doing?
Asthe Director of Rooms for the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - TheCaledonian you are the strategic business leader for your department whichentails: Front of House, Facilities, Housekeeping and our Spa. Together youdeliver an excellent Guest and Team Member experience in accordance with the TrueWaldorf Service Standards.Thiswill be done by developing and implementing departmental strategies that willgrow performance and excellence.
Whatare we looking for?
- The Director of Rooms will be responsible for the management and review of all aspects of the operation including our people, standards implementation, guest service satisfaction and revenue. You will be responsible for the creation, management and fulfilment of your division''''s budgets and forecasts in conjunction with individual head of departments. In addition you will focus on maximising the profitability of all the Rooms outlets, whilst initiating new concepts and ideas.
- You will be responsible for managing the completion of annual reviews and evaluating annual Rooms Division objectives making sure that these are shared with all colleagues and reflect individual team objectives and the bigger picture goals.
- Oversee projects/refurbishments on the hotel rooms, public spaces ie lobby/ hotel corridors and spa.
Theideal candidate will need to demonstrate high levels of guest focus and displaythat they have a solid financial and commercial awareness.
- You will be a confident communicator and excellent grooming standards with the ability to lead and develop your team and influence across all areas of the business.
- You will have a hands-on approach and take a proactive role with departmental managers in order to identify and support needs at all levels.
- You will be an inspirational leader, who is passionate in delivering extraordinary guest experiences and who takes pride in sharing success with your team. This is an exciting role for a talented individual who is looking for a new challenge and wants to join a fast paced and high performing hotel team renowned for their approach and delivery of unparalleled service.
- A strong knowledge of a luxury hotel standards with evidence of successful implementation of high level service and product standards.
- Good financial awareness
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Lookingforward welcoming you to our hotel. See descriptionRole: Director of Rooms - Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Edinburgh, Scotland, ScotlandApply for this job now.