Company: THE FORD STORE SAN LEANDRO
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Summary: We are seeking a dedicated Automotive Service Advisor who enjoys providing good customer service and quality car care. We are currently looking for 3 service advisors as we expand our organization. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works with customer and technician to identify required maintenance.
- Advises customers on necessary and recommended services.
- Offers additional services and repairs to customers.
- Computes cost of replacement parts and labor to restore vehicle to condition specified by customer.
- Estimates cost of mechanical, electrical, or other repairs.
- Enters itemized estimate on service order and explains estimate to customer.
- Schedules appointments with customer.
- Meets dealership's standards for repair and order production.
- Maintains CSI at or above Company standards
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area
- Participates in required training
- Records all hours worked accurately in company timekeeping system
- Follows Safeguards rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the Company's Core Values
- Complies with Company policies and procedures
- Observes all Federal, State, Local and Company safety rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with medical conditions to perform the essential functions. Desired Education:
High School Diploma
Desired Work Experience: 2+ years experience as a Service Advisor with a dealership background.
Education/Experience: Previous experience in automotive or customer service industries. Working knowledge of the mechanical operations of vehicles. Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills. Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver's License
Computer Skills: Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products. Ability and knowledge of the Dealership Management System and other web based applications utilized for operations. Communication Skills: Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and company personnel. Attendance Expectations: The position requires regular and predictable attendance. Scheduled shifts may include evening hours, weekends, and holidays. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and sit. May be exposed to load noise, vibration, exhaust fumes, and other service repair conditions. Environment Demands: Duties are generally performed in the service area. Responsibilities may include conducting road tests on customer vehicles. Work includes inspection of customer vehicles and frequent movement around the Service Department to convey information between customers and service technicians. Frequently interacts with customers, service manager and service technicians, and employees from various departments in the dealerships. Verbal and Writing Ability: Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations. Teamwork through Trust & Respect Diversity is strength, and when we trust and respect one another we can work as a team to achieve at a high level. Integrity Being honest and transparent with people, in an effort to do the right thing within the letter and spirit of the law, drives every action we take and every decision we make. Commitment to Customer Enthusiasm Every day we recommit ourselves to the customer experience, and we are empowered to exceed the expectations of our customers. Accountability at All Levels Taking ownership of our actions and our decisions allows us to grow as individuals, and support each other as a team.