Position Title: Customer Support Associate
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. �We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first. �
What You'll Do Here:
Associates in this role perform a number of functions that are critical to delivering world-class service, via both verbal and written communications. Associates handle a variety of inquiries with regards to orders, adjustments, gratis copy requests, various company websites, digital product registrations and general product and process inquiries. Our Contact Center Associates deliver accurate, professional, and dependable service to our customers which serves to improve our company’s position in the marketplace.
- Demonstrates active listening skills.
- Projects a professional, attentive, empathetic, and courteous demeanor in all situations.
- Provides accurate and complete responses to customer inquiries.
- Makes appropriate updates to customer records to ensure internal transparency.
- Dedicated to improving the customer experience and building customer loyalty and retention.
- Represents the organization in a professional light, thereby improving its position in the market place.
- Accurately and consistently maintain and submit productivity and personnel records as assigned by their established deadlines.
- Follow appropriate channels and/or guidelines to resolve internal and external inquiries and issues.
- Keep Manager apprised of trends or service issues you are observing.
- Must be well versed in navigating within Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to navigate through multiple internal software applications while conversing with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Ability to walk customers through various company websites.
- Ability to provide tier one level technical troubleshooting to customers who are utilizing our digital products during the account registration and log-in process.
- Applies critical thinking skills to customer issues to ensure thorough diagnostics.
- Ability to quickly catch on to new processes, applications and product work flows.
- Willingness to mentor and train others on the team in all areas.
- Share in our commitment for continuous learning and improvement as our business continues evolves.
- High degree of multi-tasking required.
- Must possess excellent organizational habits and deliver on commitments.
- Provide the appropriate level of customer follow-up.
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering quality results.
- Meet established team goals and productivity averages in all areas.
- Must possess the ability to flourish in both the team environment, as well as independently.
- Balances quality while remaining productive.
Decision Making/Problem Resolution
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's needs; determining the root cause of the issue; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the request; expediting the resolution and following up to ensure satisfaction.
- Skilled at drawing parallels between prior issues and new ones to aid in the trouble shooting process.
- Ability to recognize trends which lead to improvements of our products, processes and websites.
Skills You Will Need Here:
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Previous PC experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Must be highly flexible and a team player.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a clear pleasant speaking voice and proper telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrate technical skills appropriate for the position.
Cengage is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Cengage creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. Serving the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide, we welcome every student and design tools that make learning accessible to all.
Role: Customer Service, Monday - Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Apply for this job now.