Manage a portfolio of manufactured home communities, its residents and team members as part of our overall goal of high customer service. A Regional Manager will mentor, motivate and guide team members to meet goals while ensuring each community’s appearance, resident satisfaction, high sales, high occupancy, high revenue generation, and low cost control in an efficient and profitable manner. MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL throughout Wisconsin, Upper Michigan, Minnesota and Iowa.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for overall functionality of communities in regional portfolio.
• Monitor region progress (sales, collections, financial goals, etc).
• Assist with resolving team member, resident and/or vendor conflicts.
• Manage the operational and fiscal activities of the region (staffing levels, budgets and financial goals).
• Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operational quality and efficiency of the region.
• Hire, train, and motivate District Managers and Maintenance Managers and staff to ensure deadlines are met and company policies and procedures are followed. Administer corrective action with proper documentation.
• Ensure each community in the region is in compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
• Improve regional processes, policies and practices to achieve high corporate goals.
• Serve as a liaison between communities (“field”) and corporate offices (“management”).
• Provide COO feedback on a regular basis as to operational status of regions.
• Help plan and support marketing and sales activities.
• Listen to team members and determine their needs.
• Prepare, analyze and submit monthly and quarterly sales and occupancy reports.
• Create comprehensive recruiting and training program for District Managers to follow.
• Exemplify strict adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Make periodic visits to communities; inspect the community grounds, community buildings, and community owned homes to ensure they are maintained in a clean and presentable manner.
• Identify any unusual activity, and recommend areas for improvement.
• Process, approve, and forward in a timely manner all accounts payable documents, as directed.
• Procure corporate cost saving measures (bulk ordering, volume service discounts, etc).
• Maintain and approve onsite employees’ time sheets, time‐off requests, and records to coordinate accurate compensation and benefits.
• Perform regional team member performance reviews, as directed.
• Collaborate with Human Resources on position changes and promotions. Communicate new assignments and policy changes to the onsite team members.
• Analyze budgeting documents and reports to identify unfavorable variances and trends and work with District Managers to create an action plan to control, reduce, and eliminate any variances.
• Review and analyze the daily, weekly, and monthly reports and address any incorrect data, inconsistencies or issues discovered with the District Manager. Ensure the District Manager is analyzing all reports and is prepared to explain any issues.
• Assist the Community/District Manager in managing accidents, emergency situations, and immediate mechanical needs and ensure the proper reports are submitted to Corporate in a timely manner.
• Remain aware of safety issues and administer constant corrective measures to ensure a safe working and living environment of all residents and team members.
• Understand the market by performing regular market studies in which communities are located to develop marketing strategies that will increase the number of revenue producing sites.
• Ensure the promotions and rent increase are in line with the marketplace.
• Assist with correspondence of third parties including but not limited to lenders, insurance carriers, agents.
• Offer recommendations on improving the financial performance of the property to the COO and manage the implementation of the approved recommendations.
• Stay focused on all housing trends (with a stress on resident retention).
• Work with Community/District Managers to ensure they are selling the benefits of the homes, community and team members.
• Bachelor’s Degree or college certification, preferred; HS Diploma or GED required.
• A minimum of 5 years of multi‐site management experience required; management of manufactured home communities preferred.
• Experience with structured reporting, deadline criteria, market surveys and rent increase notice deadlines.
• Understanding of financial statements and financial analysis.
• Valid operator’s license, access to vehicle, and the ability to travel to between communities.
• Basic computer and internet proficiency.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and the ability to learn new systems and programs.
• To represent the parent company, its individual properties, employees and residents in a professional, pleasant and productive manner at all times.
• To demonstrate effective leadership and professionalism (including appearance) at all times.
• To communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• To demonstrate effective management skills including Team Building, Coaching, Decisiveness, Leadership, Motivation, Planning and Organizing, Decision Making, and Conflict Management and Resolution.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
Physical & Mental Demands:
Performing the duties of this job regularly involves sitting, standing, walking, seeing, hearing/listening, grasping, reaching, carrying and lifting of up to 25 pounds.
This position requires the ability to maintain an appropriate work pace; organize and prioritize; exercise logic and reasoning; problem solve and make decisions; count and compute; analyze and interpret data; and communicate effectively both written and verbal.
The ability to travel between communities. The ability to work weekends as needed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Role: Regional Manager for Manufactured Home Communities
Location: Menomonee Falls,
Apply for this job now.