Company: LYONS RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Rapidly growing family-owned business operating in the Distribution industry now looking to recruit a Financial Controller. This is a newly created opportunity on the back of sustained organic and acquisitive growth, and will best suit an ambitious individual who will be motivated to play a key part in the companys continued expansion plans.
Based at their Head Office on the west side of York, you will report to the Managing Director and manage a small existing finance team. Alongside your hands-on approach, you will play an important role in strategic, commercial and project development, directly adding value to the business.
- Being a key member of the Senior Management team, actively involved in business decisions in driving the business forward with sales growth, operational efficiencies and cashflow
- Producing all financial reports and insight on the performance of the business, as well as plans for the future of the business, including presenting MI to the board
- Producing Management accounts, cashflow and budgets, together with detailed add-value financial analysis.
- Running stock reports to enable efficient purchasing and control stock availability
- Recommending and implementing improvements relating to systems, processes and procedures. (The business is currently investing heavily in this area, moving onto an ERP system).
- Responsibility for all other accounting tasks, including month-end accounts, accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, balance sheet reconciliations, VAT, payroll etc.
- Manage, coach and inspire a small team of accounts assistants
- Work in collaboration with external accountancy firm for all tax requirements
Skills & Experience Required:
- Either Qualified by Experience or Part/Fully Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ACMA.
- Will suit someone either ready to step into to your 1st Financial Controller role, or who has already operated at this level.
- Experience within a distribution or stock based business will prove advantageous, but by no means a pre-requisite.
- Highly organised, self-motivated, excellent communicator and a good eye for detail.
- Commercially astute and solution based to be able to analyse problems and help with decision making.
- Excellent Excel skills.
What’s on offer:
- A competitive starting salary in the region of £40,000 per annum (Negotiable)
- Family friendly culture who offer a work/life balance and no long hours!
- Opportunity for progression as the company continues to grow.
- Bonus scheme of up to 2 weeks’ salary based on revenue performance
- Investment in your ongoing professional development
- Free on-site parking at their head office on the west side of York, conveniently off the A64. Easily commutable from York, Selby, North & East Leeds, Harrogate, Wetherby, Thirsk and most of North Yorkshire.
Interviews are to be conducted imminently, hence you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience. N.B. Lyons Recruitment have been retained on an exclusive basis, hence any direct or other agency applications with be disregarded.