This is a 5 month contract to hire in Dallas, TX 75201. Qualified candidates must be able to work without requiring sponsorship now or in future. Looking for someone passionate about cloud and web security. This role is a blend of hands on with Web Application Firewalls and providing senior level expertise on systems architecture. Cloud web application firewall experience is a must. Our client is a leading global commercial real estate services firm and has been included on Fortune 500 since 2008 and voted most admired company for 7 consecutive years. This role is a career enhancing position carrying a strong salary and benefits upon conversion to full-time employee. The initial project is cutting edge and highly visible. Qualifications:
- Qualified candidate will have a bachelor s degree or equivalent years (5-8+) as a Security Engineer in the field of Web Application security.
- We re looking for a dynamic and highly-motivated individual that is seeking a position with the global leader in commercial real estate services.
- Deploy, configure and maintain cloud native web application firewalls including: Logging of all WAF events. Responding to WAF events.
- Developing WAF incident response plans.
- Updating threat models based on WAF event patterns.
- This candidate will develop, maintain, test, and troubleshoot cloud web application firewalls and rulesets.
- The ideal candidate should have hands on experience with cloud web application firewalls at all of the major cloud services providers based in the US, Amazon, Azure, and Google.
- Experience with Alibaba Cloud would be considered a plus.
- Candidates should have experience with web-based attacks, OWASP Top 10 web vulnerabilities, web application testing with tools like Zed Attack Proxy, and extensive knowledge of networking protocols.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system service failures by identifying and analyzing the situation and provides corrective actions.
- Develops, installs, and tests new network hardware and software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Monitors systems activities and fine tunes system parameters and configuration to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Provides senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding systems architecture.
- Engages with application development teams on current infrastructure projects.
- Evaluates existing solutions and infrastructure and provides recommendations.
- Approves system designs and functions as a project lead as required.
- Facilitates the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions.
- Manages and maintains the hardware, software, security, and connectivity to the Internet as well as middleware components. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
Apply via Dice or send your resume to #removed#-inc.com
- provided by Dice