Job DescriptionSummary for Design and Release Engineer:
Experience and Skills Required for Design and Release Engineer:
- The EE Component Design and Release Engineer is responsible for EE component design, development, packaging, testing, calibration, and releasing.
- The Engineer will interface with systems group to define vehicle level functional specifications.
- The candidate will also:
- Develop component level specifications; participate in Product Assurance Planning (Program Management); manage the supplier of the components; and component DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DVRR (Design Validation and Reliability Report), and Timing Proactive Quality Plan.
- The candidate will participate in Reactive Quality Problem Solving and will be supporting Supplier Quality during Process Sign-off (PS) and PFMEA reviews (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
- In addition, the Engineer will be releasing components via Change Management System (CN's) and will interface with EMEA, APAC and LATAM counterparts on global commonality. Some travel to Mexico (supplier plant), EMEA, APAC, LATAM and FCA assembly plants.
Preferred Experience and Skills for Design and Release Engineer:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent) from an ABET accredited university
- Full understanding of automotive electronic ECU development process
- Experience managing or developing embedded software
- 3+ years of electronic ECU development and releasing experience
- Strong leadership skills (prepared to lead a supplier team)
Travel and Driving Requirements:
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Experience managing suppliers and/or engineers.
- Proficient in Labview, Teststand, Veristand, CAPL
- Familiar with cryptographic principals.
- Familiar with ethernet and CAN/CAN-FD protocols.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Look, we could tell you how TEC Group is a family of companies that consists of Technical Engineering Consultants and KCM Technical, how it was established in 1980, and how we make connections between dynamic organizations and resourceful professionals. Is this really what you want to know about our company? No, that's obligatory copywriting.
You want to hear about our competitive benefits, flexible scheduling, and amazing clients. That we pride ourselves on growing professionals within our organization. You want to hear first-hand anecdotes demonstrating why this is an amazing place to launch your career. Well, we're happy to tell you all about it.
Role: Design and Release Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills,
Apply for this job now.