Automation Engineer/Computer Programmer - Position located in Monroe, CT
Northeast Laser is a leading provider of laser processing services and medical components and assemblies to a wide range of customers throughout the United States and internationally. The company develops and implements leading edge part specific manufacturing processes utilizing such high-tech manufacturing tools as rapid prototyping, automation, PLCs, robotics and vision systems.
- The company offers a uniquely friendly and supportive environment
- Strongly encourages its employees to learn and grow in their careers.
- The company offers its eligible employees medical benefits, a 401K with a profit sharing plan, and paid time off.
Northeast Laser has an immediate opening for an automation engineer/computer programmer at our facility in Monroe, CT. Working in a team environment, this individual will help design, build, program, validate, and document automated manufacturing equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Communicate internally and with customers regarding program objectives, input and output requirements.
- Prepares flow chart diagrams to communicate project requirements and programming sequences.
- Codes flow chart sequences into computer language.
- Validates program operation through testing using validation protocols.
- Prepares instructions for program operation.
- Implement programs or programmed equipment on the factory floor.
- Specify electronic components for industrial control (sensors, drives, output devices).
- Assemble and test electrical control cabinetry.
- Create Detailed design specifications for computer and automated systems
- Support and troubleshoot equipment, programs, and processes already in production.
Desired Skills, Talents and Qualifications:
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent degree/experience.
- A minimum of 5 years hands-on engineering/programming experience.
- Experience with PLCs, servo and other motion controls, pneumatics, sensors, etc.
- Solid modeling/CAD/CAM experience a plus (SolidWorks)
- Hands on experience with electrical assembly, debug and troubleshooting.
- Experience with VB.net, C #, required. Ladder logic and C++ experience a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
“Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Individual with Disabilities are encouraged to apply”
Northeast Laser & Electropolish transitioned from a tiny startup in a well-defined niche to grow 70 fold in less than 25 years with teamwork, smart hiring, and strategic moves into technologies, services and markets.
Role: Automation Engineer
Apply for this job now.