Your role as Design Engineer will be to work within a team of designers to specify, design, build and commission tooling and machinery. If Mechanical Design is your passion, then please read on …… the role of Design Engineer has been created to work as part of our Adlington based team. You will report to our Head of Design and work to provide us with solutions for all aspects of machinery sales, design, manufacture and commissioning for bespoke packaging machinery. You must be keen and flexible as from time to time, additional hours of work will be required both within the UK and overseas.
A day in the life of our Design Engineer …
- Carrying out the design process and development for both new and existing products
- Work together with the sales team to confirm correct spec and provide drawings to assist with the sales quotation process as well as to work out project costs and parts prices.
- Visit customers to aid in the production of quotations. (Line layouts, specific customer requests, special considerations with product handling etc.)
- As Design Engineer to supervise and oversee the designs ensuring accuracy and quality
- To create customer specific machine design parts lists using standard donor drawings.
- Housekeep serial number folder and serial number file ensuring changes to machines are documented.
- Carry out drawing modifications and amendments as and when required.
- Design parts and assemblies for use on Proseal machines and others.
- Be conversant in 3D and 2D cad software and if possible be able to exchange drawings between different cad formats. Whilst also interpreting customer ideas and preparing drawings and 3D models for manufacture, including all dimensions, tolerances, finishes and notes
- Work closely with our manufacturing department to ensure parts are efficiently produced.
- Use Proseal procedures to create, name and store new parts.
- Our Design Engineer collaborates with our Control systems team to ensure machines are designed and built with maximum efficiency and minimum disruption.
- Ensure that machine safety is correct and complies with all relevant legislation
- You will also be responsible for preparing bills of materials for the manufacture of the designs and assemblies, including documenting of all part numbers and drawing references
- Work with colleagues, assisting with potential quality issues through production
- To create reports for potential pitfalls within the production process
- Assisting Senior Management with matters relating to product development
- To identify opportunities to reduce costs in the design, materials used and manufacturing techniques
- To provide feedback for continuous improvement of products and services
Ideal qualifications for the role ...
- We would like our Design Engineer to have an Engineering Qualification either an ONC/HNC or HND
- Minimum 2 years' experience ideally but we will take someone with less or more. This is more about finding a Mechanically trained Designer with a great attitude!
- Understanding of mechanical and/or Electrical installation
- AutoCAD 2D design experience and good understanding of 3D Cad design
- A background in Engineering
- A great communicator with a can-do attitude to trouble shooting and problem solving, someone reliable, flexible and self-motivated.
- You will be required to work on your own initiative and as part of a team and as mentioned above be flexible to work overtime as and when required
A bit about us:
We are JBT, a global leading technology solution provider with offices in more than 100 countries all over the world. We are growing both organically and by acquisitions and are continuously looking for new employees that want to grow with us!We are awesome at supplying the food processing and air transportation industries with cutting edge machinery and equipment. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers. In Proseal UK Ltd (where this position sits) we design and manufacture high quality tray sealing and conveying systems for the food industry and we have manufacturing facilities in the UK, North America and Australia. Having been established for over 20 years, demand for the Proseal product is growing and we are responsible for developing many plastic based alternatives for preserving the life of and carrying food safely. Proseal is a great business that has developed many champions by identifying, training and developing them, we are just missing another Design Engineer to add to our team, as we expand.
We seek people with passion, engagement and determination to give our customers the BEST service possible!
Please click on the link to apply below.